two

Hey guys I hope you enjoy this next chapter. Let me know what you think!

"Hey Sadie. How's being a big girl?" He asks slowly, clearly more interested in getting a beer out of the fridge he was eyeing.

Ignoring his disinterest, I stepped out of the way mumbling a sorry before I answer. "It's fine. I'm loving my classes, it's just weird being away from home. And not seeing your dorky sister all the time." I know I'm fronting a little because the adjustment has been rough at times, but I just miss being here, in this house, with Naomi. It's scary growing up to say the least.

Instead of an answer from Roman, I hear the hiss of his beer opening and get a simple nod in return.

"And how are you, Roman?"

"I'm fine. Just don't know where I'm going to go after I graduate. The big bad world is coming for us isn't it, kid?" He looks away and takes a long drink of his beer. "Want some?" he extends his beer to me and I shake my head.

"No thanks, I've only been back a day and it's 11 o'clock, so I'm not quite ready to get drunk, sorry."

"Hey, you're the only one that said something about getting drunk," he shrugs.

"Please tell me—" I am cut off by the front door slamming open and a giggle echoing through the entry way before a short brunette shoots into the kitchen before slamming into Roman's chest.

"Roman" she sighs and snuggles into him farther, her face just barely resting on his chest. He slowly lowers his arms around her before rubbing her back as the smiles into his chest.

"Hi Cassey." She reaches up on her tip toes reaching for his lips and he hesitantly leans down to kiss her gently.

"I think I'll take that drink now." I mutter under my breath. I wouldn't say that I hate Cas, I guess I just don't like being around her when I don't have to. She has always been a sweet girl, she just gets caught up in all the drama I try to avoid. She was the popular girl, not the bitchy one, but the one who was friends with everyone and tried to help everyone with their problems. Most of the time, this resulted in her playing match maker and fixing the empty relationships between the jocks just looking for a fuck and the girls who got too attached. Naomi and I had always been good at staying out of that drama by keeping to ourselves and keeping mainly males as our company, something neither Roman, nor any of the girls particularly liked. Of course, girls took to calling us sluts and thirsty, but that is a million times better than having to deal with them being overly dramatic and manipulative on a daily basis.

I turn back to put some more groceries away while I try not to eavesdrop on their conversation about how much she missed him. While Roman had never said anything about Cassey coming to University of Colorado with him, Cassey was hell bent on it ever since he graduated. She was ready to follow him to the ends of the earth, until she got a pretty good scholarship to go to the USC Beaufort business school. I wouldn't say that she lost interest in Roman, but eever since she has been far more independent. Cassey graduated two years before Naomi and I and a year after Roman and, she hasn't left his side for one second, taking the place of Naomi in being the one to calm him down, to be there for him after a long day, and to be the first to stand up for him. In many ways I took Roman's place in the same way when Naomi and I became friends. My only wish is that me and Naomi will stay together as well as those two can.

"Mmmm. Cassey my love! Fuck, baby girl! Let me fuck you already!" Naomi grunts as she walks into the kitchen, walking over to Cassey and moaning in her ear as she walked past them.

"Shut up loner." Roman snaps, taking a step away from Cassey. Though they have been together forever and seem to be good for each other, Roman has always been the more reserved of the two. He never loved to flaunt their relationship in the way that Cassey did, while she loved to show off her accomplishments, he was more private and has never been as open about his feelings. Cassey is clearly head-over-heels, but if it weren't for the length of their relationship and the odd display of genuine love he has shown for her, I wouldn't think that he truly loved her.

Naomi continues taunting him and even pulls Cassey into her puffed out chest as she imitates her alpha male brother. Roman ruffles her hair before pulling the frazzled Cassey out of her reach.

"Stop tormenting her Mimi." He chuckles at her disgust with the childhood nickname before tenderly kissing Cassey on the forehead. "Sorry Cas, ignore her." He looks at the two of us over Cassey's head, looking from her to me. When our eyes me I drag mine away from his, instead watching the way he held her close to his chest. The silence sits heavy on my chest.

Looking for something to make myself busy with, I awkwardly nudge Naomi out of the way so that I can put away the last of the food. "Damn Sades, you could have at least made the meathead put away the food." She scoffs, directing a glare in her brother's direction.

"I mean I could but I wanted to be able to find it," I joke.

"Hey, what beef have you got with me kid? I didn't even do anything to you." Roman gasps, feigning betrayal.

"Oh, be quiet Ro." Naomi rolls her eyes, looks at Roman, the blushing Cassey in his arms, then at me, and nods as if I knew what she was thinking. "Have fun with your girlfriend, we're leaving." Naomi announces before grabs her keys and dramatically pushing past her brother, slamming open the garage door. Grinning, I follow her lead, gently brushing Roman as I exit with far more grace than my best friend.