thirty

Wow. I am so sorry that I haven't updated in so long. I have been taking summer classes and I end up being just wiped at the end of the week. I hope you like the update. I am not sure how much longer I am going to make the book, but I might make this a series, but I am not sure yet. Thoughts? Anyways, enjoy the update! Please vote, comment and follow. 

The following morning, I woke up to an empty bed; by some miracle, Naomi was up before me. This almost never happens. Groggily, I reach for my phone to check the time. It is just after nine; she is almost never up this time if she can help it.

I stretch out and let me feet find the floor. My joints pop as I walk out of the bedroom and down the stairs. I find Roman in the kitchen with his mother, making breakfast. I love it when he cooks.

"Good morning!" I chirp as I reach the kitchen.

"Hello," Roman responds, his voice still husky from sleep.

"Sadie, how did you sleep," Mrs. Brandon asks sweetly.

"Good, and you?" She nods in response. "Where is Naomi?"

"I thought she was still in bed."

I start to get an uneasy feeling. "I'll go see if she went to the basement or something." I leave the kitchen, quickly dialing Naomi as I do; I have a feeling that she is not in the basement.

As I suspected, only Theo and John were in the basement, still passed out. When I get sent to voicemail, I leave Naomi a quick message asking her to call me back. When I come back upstairs, Roman is portioning breakfast out onto plates.

Breakfast is quiet and just the three of us because Mr. Brandon was at work and the boys were still dead to the world. And Naomi was missing. We don't talk much while we eat, but the silence is comfortable, easy, despite the growing dread in my stomach.

"We should see if we can track down Naomi after we eat," Roman says, clearly concerned about his sister.

I nod and focus on my food again; a quiet fear has settled in my stomach. I have no clue where she could be. I don't even know where to start looking. What if something happened to her?

I push down my worry. Naomi can take care of herself. Right?

After we finish breakfast, Mrs. Brandon offer to do the dishes while Roman and I go look for Naomi. I really hope that he has an idea of where to find her. He grabs two of his hoodies, one for me and one for him. I pull it over my head and let his comforting scent to wash over me.

Just as we make it to his car. A silver sedan pulls up in front of the house. The windows are tinted, so I squint to try to see who is in the car. The door suddenly flies open and Naomi gets out, a look of defeat on her face. I rush to her side as she slams the door. I never got a good look at the driver, but I would be willing to bet it was that piece of shit, Miller.

"Naomi? What happened?" I ask. She doesn't respond, just walks past me into the garage. "Naomi." I say with more force this time.

"It's nothing. Just leave it okay," she snaps.

I look at her in surprise, but her face holds no remorse. I look over to Roman, who's surprise mirrors my own. Naomi has almost never snapped at me, and when she has, she has apologized.

Just as Naomi lets the door slam behind her, Roman comes up behind me and wraps his arms securely around me. Neither of us say anything. We just stand there in silence. I feel hopeless. How can I help her if she doesn't want to be helped?

Roman

I tell there is something wrong with my sister. God. It makes me want to go beat the shit out of that fuck boy. If only I knew where he was...