three

Hey guys! I decided to update kind of randomly because I am off this week and I feel like the story isn't going up fast enough. Hope you enjoy the update. Let me know what you think.

"So, where are we going?" Naomi asks when I get in her car.

"I thought you had a plan," I laugh.

"No, see, my plan was to get you out of there so you didn't lose more brain cells from being in the same room as my brother. I hear idiocy is contagious."

"You are so brave, living with him for so many years. Thank you for your service Naomi." I curtly nod at her.

"All in a day's work. Now where to ma'am?" She pulls out of the garage and waits patiently for my answer.

"How about the Waterfront?"

"Sounds good to me. We need a good dinner to catch up over." She turns up the music to an almost deafening level as she starts driving.

|~|

"Now that we've talked about all the boring school things, tell me about the Michigan guys." She grins.

"Naomiii," I drag out, "I thought we'd been over this, I'm not just going to jump into a relationship with the first guy I meet. And no matter how much you talk about guys, I know that you won't either. Yes, I've met a few guys and they're nice but none that I would actually want to date. And sure, I'll see some real fine guys every once in a while, but it's not like my confidence and social skills are in any position to just go up and talk to them."

"Sadieee, I know, I know, just curious, I want you to get a booed up and happy. Not that you need a man to be happy but I saw how happy you were with Thomas before you guys split. I've seen how loving you can be and I think it's good for you not only to be taken care of, but to take care of a guy, ya know?" she says. "And you know damn well that I can't talk to any guy I want either, don't victimize yourself on that front, love."

"Yeah, it just feels like I'm ever going to find the right guy, like every guy I start to like just ends up being a dick, and the only guys that are in to me just think with their dick. I just start to question if all guys are dicks."

"Trust me, there are a lot of dicks out there, you just got to find the good ones, not that that's easy, but it's worth it. Don't every tell them I said this, but Roman and Theo are both pretty good guys, although I sometimes feel bad for Cassey because Roman isn't the most affectionate person. I kind of can't believe that they are still together honestly. But at least he's proof that there are good guys out there."

"Yeah, their relationship is interesting, honestly though, it doesn't matter as long as they are both happy. Where is Theo anyways?"

"I think he might be down at the beach, but I swear no one can keep track of that kid. He honestly seems more ready to live on his own than Roman does. Ugh, we should probably get some food for everyone else or Mom will kill me." She groans.

I laugh before excusing myself to go to the bathroom while she orders more food. After going to the bathroom, I look in the mirror and take a deep breath. I see bright blue eyes and color in my cheeks, I look happy, but I almost wish I didn't. I wish I didn't have to hide everything, pretend like life is amazing. I wish I could let it go. I thought I had at least let him go, but seeing them together today... for a long time I thought I was okay with it because I thought she made him happy, but I just can't help but to wonder if I could make him happier. Ugh. No. I just need to let him live his life because even if he wasn't with her, it's not like he wouldn't want me, and even if he did like me, we could never be together. Naomi deserves so much more than that, so much more that a friend who leaves her for her brother. I can't use her like that, hurt her like that. Fuck. I hate being stuck in this hell, where I hate what I feel but I can't let it go. I wet my hands and press them into my warm face, taking a deep breath. I leave the bathroom and making my way back to my best friend, burring my inner conflict.

Sitting back down in the booth Naomi suggests that we plan out our week while we wait for the rest of the food. "So, we have to be back by dinner on Thursday, so we technically have five and a half days to do whatever we want. I know that isn't a lot of time if we want to go somewhere, but I think we could get away with going somewhere close, so what do you think about taking a road trip down to Savanah? We can get the maybe six of us if Theo and one of his friends wants to come."

"That sounds amazing. It's been so long since we've been down there together. So, should we stay in a hotel or something cheap while we're there?"

"Yeah that's what I was thinking, we could also see if we could stay with Cal for a night or two. Then we'll have the rest of break to hang out with my mom so she doesn't get mad at us for being gone the whole time. Although I think her and my dad really enjoy having the time to themselves, as gross as that is." She shudders.

"Yeah that would be fun to see Cal again. Haha I'm sure they'll love to have the whole house to themselves." I laugh as she pretends to gag at the though of her parents having the privacy to do whatever they want.

"Great, let's see if the brutes want to come. I want to say it would be more fun without them, but honestly I've been missing them."

"Yeah I get that. Can't relate, but I get that. I've missed being around you guys, I guess I never realized how close to my family ya'll are." I say.

"Awe. I've missed you too Sades. You know that you are family." She says, managing to say so much in so few words. "Okay now let's just get this pizza and get out of here because I don't know about you but I need to pack."

We get the food and head back to her house, blasting the same songs we've loved since freshman year.