sadie's letter

Hello everyone. I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. Here's the next update (there will be a second one). Both the updates are very short, so I apologize but you'll just have to live with it. Vote, comment, follow.

Dear Roman,

I just want to say thank you. You have done so much for me that you will never know. Even before this fall, you were always so kind to me and I knew that I could always talk to you. You and your family have offered me a stability that I have found nowhere else. I can only pray that you will always be a part of my life.

I love to reflect on our relationship, because we have always had a much different connection than Naomi and I. You know how we are. She is my sister. She is often the only one who can make me feel better when I go through something. But I have also always known that I could come to you. I still remember the first time that I came over to your house. You were so kind to me; I wasn't used to men being so gentle and kind. I was so used to not being able to trust anyone, but you showed me love and kindness. I can never thank you enough.

I think a lot about the times that it was just you and me. At the time, there was nothing more than friendship between us, but I knew, and I still know, that no matter what happens, you will always be in my life. I am so excited to see where this new relationship takes us, but please don't break my heart. At least let me down slowly.

It feels so weird writing this letter because things have changed so quickly between us. I still don't know how serious we are, and I don't expect you to know either. That is something that we will learn with time. But I want you to know that what I feel for you is real. I don't think I could ever say this to your face, but I have had a crush on you for years. Crush isn't strong enough of a word, but I think you get what I mean. Just writing this with you in the same room is a lot. Also, by the way, I definitely hadn't written your letter when you came in to your room.

I am not good at relationships, so I guess this is the disclaimer part of your letter. I have never been in a serious relationship with anyone that I have trusted as much as I already trust you. So, I want to apologize in advance for any stupid things I do, or if I pull away from you because things are getting too real. I just apologize. My past is ugly, and I don't always react the way I wish I would. I know that you have not had the easiest life, but I have so many more skeletons in the closet and I want to try to protect you from them if I can.

I trust you. I trust you with my life. I trust you to save me from myself, and I hope that you can trust me in the same way. I can't explain to you how safe I feel when I am with you. I do not feel pressured to do anything that I don't want to with you, and I find myself craving you (not in a sexual way) when I am not around you. I just want to be by your side all the time. You are such a good friend, and every day that I explore this new side of our relationship, it becomes more and more true.

I guess I should wrap this up. I am looking at you sleeping now, and I want nothing more to go and lay down with you. You are a beautiful person and I am so thankful that I have you in my life. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you, a million times, for being you. Okay, I'm going to go cuddle you now.

Love,

Sadie