Loss and Gain in love

It was just a day like always. The sun was shining brightly and there was moving a soothing breeze. I moved in the garden when I saw him.

He was sitting there with a book in his hand. I knew the reason why he was doing this. He was angry at me as I had been trying my best to avoid him for a week after he confessed his love for me. But the truth is that I love him as well. Ryan noticed that I had been staring at him and he abruptly stood up in a rush to go back home. I don't know why but a sudden urge to stop him came over me. I was having an internal battle.

Love came with all it's risks. It consisted of trust and sacrifice. It consisted of intense care and affection. Itas not a feeling that can just be described through words. You can only understand it when you feel it. Did I have the courage to love again after having my heart broken once before five years? I looked at his face. I saw how depressed he was and desperate to run off knowing that I would most probably ignore him again.

But then a little girl who was grinning came in front of her and he bent to her level to talk to her. Both of them looked extremely cute. I don't know what the girl said but his face lit up like a Christmas tree. I think this is all the courage I needed to confront him and answer him.

I went forward towards them taking bold steps. Ryan almost immediately noticed me and I asked the little girl politely," Can I take my friend away for a minute, sweetie?" She nodded and I took off to side in the garden taking his hand. He was visibly shocked. I had never had any physical contact like this with him till now due to my fear.

I took a long breath and spoke the words," I love you too Ryan." And that was enough for him to hug me and kiss me passionately on the lips. I had felt love once before but this was different and totally different. It was like I was once again a teenager with butterflies erupting my stomach. He caresssed my cheek as he broke the kiss ever so slightly. We had been friends for three years and I took a so long time to realize my feelings. Then he asked the question I had awaited for for this long time while kneeling in front of me with a box containing  a beautiful diamond ring and roses in the other,

"Will you marry me, love?"