Demons on my trail

Who would have ever imagined that Los Angeles can turn into a volcano in just a single day? Well I certainly didn't expect it. But, here I am standing in front of the volcano standing in front of it seeing my last glimpse of the world before falling it.

Right behind me stand the demons. There is the dragon blazing fire ready to out his paws on me and push me in the volcano. And I'm facing my biggest fear that I've ever had, death. I do think that this is my last moment. But that's when he came. Gliding with shining white wings, soft, warm hands clutching my waist making me fly along with him. My first experience of flying at such a wrong time, still I am really enjoying it.

We were moving with an extreme pace which I felt was earlier impossible. I clutched him even more tightly scared that I will fall. He chuckled lightly seeing my expression. He had melodious laughter. I paid attention to him and saw his perfectly carved face. His aqua blue gleaming eyes looking at the front. And he suddenly stopped which made me aware that we'd reached our destination.

It was a cliff where people were standing. No, they weren't normal. Some were angels like him, some were mutants and some were demons themselves. When I looked towards him swiftly in an attempt to question him, he'd already started speaking in his native language I think as I couldn't understand him. But I heard my name being taken.

That's when he spoke facing me,"Katherine, I am Chris. You are supposed to be my strength while destroying the demons. You have been chosen by resting. See the tattoo resting on your palms." I was shocked was an understatement. I automatically took a look at my palms and there stood my birth mark. I had it from the time I'd taken birth. But I was unaware that it had a meaning. I needed time to absorb all this new information. I told him I wanted to know everything.

Chris started speaking still looking at me in the eyes,"All the angels were aware that the demons will rise again in this century. And that was the purpose of your birth. You are given powers that you are unaware of to support me. And together being one power we can defeat the demons. You've got the power of land and fire while I've got the power of wind and the water. " I told him to leave me alone for a while. I sat on the secluded side of the cliff away from the others thinking about the options left. I can either help or die. So, the choice had already been taken. I had no option at a or no opinion in it. I just had to fight. Otherwise the whole world comes to amend. And with the amount of destruction I've seen today, the end is near and I can't waste more time. I went towards the others and told I was ready. He took my hands while swiftly taking a flight. I was very well aware that I was untrained but something inside me had sparked as I had seen him. And it was enough for me to take the risk. There stood Selena, the witch who had been the guide for demons to conquer the world. She wanted to be the queen and let her beauty last forever. Her devilish face with lips curled into a wicked smile showed that she was ready to fight and to win. Her confidence reflected from her face. She decided to throw the first hit with her magical powers. I raised my hands in order to protect myself and lo and behold, a mighty wall made out of earth emerged to protect me. My first power was revealed. I was happy to see that I was capable of the trust placed in me by the others.

Suddenly, Chris used his combined powers of the wind and water and pushed them towards Susan who dodged easily. She was carefree about losing. I wonder why. I was still unaware about how to use my power of fire. It seemed like Chris could hear my thoughts and he replied," You need to imagine, concentrate and create." I did as he said. And a huge fireball was created which I dropped on Susan's head taking her by surprise. But my attempt wasn't futile even though it touched her. I was left stunned.

That's when I suddenly heard the thoughts of Chris,'Oh no! How could I forget that a witch can only be killed by destroying her heart which she keeps hidden?' I saw his hands clutching his head when I told him in a whisper,"Don't fret about it. I heard your thoughts." He offered me a small smile" Yes, as soon as you activate your powers you can hear my thoughts. I think I know where would be her heart." He held me while flying towards an enchanted forest. He spoke," The enchanted forest is a home for the witches and here we'll find her heart." We went inside the forest when I found something unusual, a tree which would speak. It questioned wearily," Why are you here and who are you?" Chris gave him the reply explaining our quest to find the heart of Susan when the tree laughed heartily and said,"I'll give it to you if you answer my question right. 'Always by your side when you are young or old, Their heart for you is made of gold Always protecting you from any problem Do you remember them or are they forgotten?' You need to reply in a minute's time." We were searching for the answer but couldn't find one. when at the last moments, the word escaped my mouth,"Parents." And the heart was in the hands of Chris. Our four powers destroying the heart and the world was in safe hands now. Our entwined hands.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris was gliding on the snow when suddenly an idea struck me. I slowly moved so that he couldn't hear my footsteps, took some snow in my hands and threw the snowball at him. He turned to look at me, his eyes full of mischief. He came near me, his hot breath fanning my face. I looked into his eyes when suddenly a snow ball fell on my face, and he smirked.

That's how started our snow fight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Training for the first time:

Chris and I were supposed to be training today, because I'm "inexperienced" as he had said so. I don't believe him, of course and that's what led to our fight today.

Let me tell you what happened:

After he quoted that I'm inexperienced to say that I was angry was an understatement. And in my anger left the fire balls from my power. They shot towards him in an instant while he protected himself with water and threw a storm of wind on my side. I used my power then to shake the land below him and because of his moment of panic, he didn't use his wings to fly and was injured. That's how now I'm on my duty to help him out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------