Sympathizers

"No Athena, I can't lose you too!" Athena's eyes flew open and quickly scanned the dark room for the source of the baritone voice that haunted her dreams. Her room was empty, no one possibly being able to utter the words. The small clock perched on her bedside table indicated it was the early hours of the morning, but there was no use in trying to fall asleep... not for such a short period of time. Athena's eyes held onto the concrete ceiling, hoping to find a place of peace and comfort, but the girl had begun to doubt that such a thing existed for her anymore. She could not find the words to chronicle the distress of not knowing anything about herself. Athena did not know her birthday, where she had received the large scar on her neck from, who her birth parents were, what they had been like, what her real last name was, if Athena was even her real name. She had lost 18 years of memories, Stars, she was not even positive how old she was, the medical droids estimated her to be around the age of 18 when found 11 years ago. Athena had no sense of identity, no true persona, no nothing, except a lousy nightmare that she was not even positive had occurred. The only indication of the possibility of it happening, was that she reeked of fire and was covered in black smoke when she came to, that morning on the bench outside of Hosnian Prime. Now with Hosnian Prime being destroyed by Starkiller base, her adoptive parents perishing with, Athena only had the Resistance. The girl slid out of bed quietly, the hole in her chest tightening from her disheartened thoughts. A piece of her always felt as if it was missing, just out of arm's reach.

"Look at you, you look like a real First Order sympathizer!" Poe joked approaching Athena on the takeoff platform. The scarred girl was a silhouette of black, a red high neck sweater peeking out from beneath her black jacket, along with her purple crystal necklace she adorned everyday. Poe knew it was the only item she had from her former unknown life, besides the massive burn tissue on the right side of her neck. Athena tore her attention away from the rising bright orange sun, warm vibrant shades painted across the sky. A soft shade of light purple still hanging onto the lower clouds as any traces of night began to fade away, the lovely shade making the girl faintly smile to herself. Athena looked down to her approaching friend, dressed in everything black besides the faded white shirt underneath his jacket. "You could possibly pass for one too" she shrugged, Poe narrowing his eyes in response. "Thanks." The wind picked up as the two headed towards one of the unmarked and untagged Resistance ships, their best chance of traveling undetected. The General greeted them at the ship, coming to see them off. "I also want to remind you that you will need to be extremely cautious. The First Order is relentless and will not express any sympathy to you two. So please I beg you both, be smart and careful and come home." The two fighters before her nodded vigorously, stoic expressions on each of their faces. Leia and Poe hugged briefly before the woman turned to Athena. Poe cleared his throat, excusing himself to check over flight plans and to double check the ship, giving the two women a moment alone. Everyone knew there was a special bond between Athena and the General, but no one truly understood why, not even Athena. The General would never admit as to the reason why, but she held the girl close in her heart. The two embraced tightly, resting their heads upon each other's shoulders. Leia sighed heavily, a strong feeling overcoming her in the force: a warning, a sign of the times. "Just be careful" she whispered pulling back to observe Athena, who nodded in response, her crystal necklace catching the early morning sun. Leia's nimble fingers quickly plucked up the necklace, earning a questioning glance from Athena, and dropped it down the high neckline of her red sweater concealing it. Leia gently tugged the collar of the sweater higher and moved her loose brown waves over her shoulder, hiding her scar as well. "Don't want anything to distinguish you." She smiled softly before dismissing Athena. The General watched as she climbed into the back seat of the ship, Poe already positioned in the pilot seat, nerves making her heart race. Leia had a feeling something was about to occur, a show was about to begin.