No Identity

Pain still burned throughout the right side of her abdomen as Athena was dragged through the mud, her knees and lower legs coated thickly in the cold brown sludge. She could feel the warm sticky fluid oozing down her side, surely leaving a trail of blood behind them as she was dragged back to the log cabin. Athena's heavy head drooped down, looking at the wet ground down below, her whole body beginning to feel sluggish. She was losing too much blood, too quickly, but all she could focus on was the hope that Poe had gotten away. Athena could not focus on the fact that she may be about to die, either from whomever she was going to see or from her wound. She could not focus on the idea that her life would end meaninglessly but then again she had not had much meaning to begin with. A forgettable end to a forgettable girl. An odd crackling sound sliced through the quiet late morning air when Athena arrived at the cabin, but the girl did not dare to look up, dread filling her being instantly... deep down she knew exactly what the sound belonged to. The Stormtroopers halted in their movements, stopping Athena in front of a lifeless body lying on the ground below, Nor Del. A hole was burned straight through his sternum and other side of his body was a pair of large black boots, black robes snapping against them in the wind. The tip of the ignited crackling red lightsaber was beside the figure, inching closer to her lowered face, yet she still refused to look up at the forsaken man. "Supreme Leader, we apprehended one of the Resistance fighters, but the others are still in pursuit of the man." A Stormtrooper explained, twisting her left arm into a painfully tighter angle. Athena groaned biting her lip harshly to hold in obvious discomfort, but then she felt the strange internal tether being yanked roughly again as a deep distorted voice spoke. "Why did he abandon the Rebel Scum?"

"She's injured Sir" The Stormtrooper on her right chuckled to some extent, jabbing his blaster into her wound. A gutted wounded scream sounded from Athena, her head whipping up, eyes squeezed shut tightly in agony. As her head shot up, Athena unwillingly revealed herself to Kylo Ren, the masked man, who immediately became thankful for the privacy of his mask as he stumbled back in shock. It wasn't possible... Athena's eyes opened slowly after the pain began to diminish, revealing her watery blue eyes that could make any sky envious. Athena watched the Supreme Leader in silence, his chest rising and falling heavily as if he was hyperventilating inside his mask, his lightsaber turning off and holstering to his side. She opened her mouth to antagonize him, the great Kylo Ren showing his weak side, but the words never left her mouth as the Stormtroopers readjusted their grip on her arms, twisting even further. Athena winced a rough intake of air flowing into her lungs, the sight angering the Supreme Leader. "Don't hurt her!" Athena's eyes widened as she was roughly ripped out of the grasp of the Troopers and pulled up onto her feet."Who is responsible for shooting her?" His voice seemed deeper, challenging the men behind her. "I-I'm not sure Sir" The Stormtroopers shook visibly afraid of the repercussions. Kylo's outstretched his hand, lifting one of the Stormtroopers into the air, choking him. "I said who is responsible for shooting her?" Ren growled out, his anger boiling. "CS 3981!" The one Stormtrooper gurgled out. "I will be seeing him then when he returns from his manhunt." Kylo informed as the girl began to sway slightly, the lack of blood making her dizzy. Kylo steadied her, instantaneously dropping the Stormtrooper, and carefully avoiding her bloodied side. She was concerningly close to the enemy as he lifted his available black gloved to her red sweater, gently pulling it down to reveal her large pink scar. His index finger grazed over the tissue, before his hand hastily retreated. Kylo still appeared to be disoriented, even if his face was hidden behind the mask. "Athena" Her name stumbled from his mask, quiet and hesitant, nervous. Her eyes widened at this, how did he know her name? Athena was quiet for a moment, the new Supreme Leader shifting nervously in front of her. "How do you know my name?" Kylo's head tilted in confusion, "What?" Kylo's hand lifted again quickly, leveling with her forehead, what was he doing? Athena soon felt an odd tugging sensation in her mind and although it was not painful, it was not exactly comfortable. Athena saw a rapid flashing images of her life: escaping Crait, blowing up StarKiller Base, joining the Resistance, meeting the General, and the morning on the bench. It seemed as if the moment on the bench, her first memory, kept replaying over and over again. As if someone was trying to see the moment's before it. Kylo Ren's hand soon dropped, a primitive sounding snarl emitted from the cracked mask, a dark chuckle following. "You don't know who I am" He muttered to himself, a hint of anger wedged into his tone. Athena snickered to herself, she knew who he was. He was the man who caused the Cataclysm of Hosnian Prime, who killed young innocent padawans, who murdered his own father in cold blood. "Of course I do," Kylo's mask held her eyes, "you're a monster." Kylo's head dropped shamefully, her words seeming to strike a nerve. The cold air was silent for a moment when finally Kylo returned to look at Athena, who was starting to get even more light headed. Her right side of her shirt was clinging wetly to her skin. "Pull back, we have everything we need" Kylo instructed, the surrounding Stormtroopers retreating mutely, before his gloved hand rose back to Athena's face, everything going black.

Athena slipped out of the man's tight grasp, running into the burning temple ahead at full speed, the man shouting after her. She ignored him bursting through the front doors, searching for any signs of life. Athena had only been inside the building for a few moments when the loud snapping noise blared over the sound of crackling fire. She looked up to the ceiling, panic filled her bones, knowing what was to come. She was just in time to watch the roof collapse, caving in on top of her.

Athena shot up, heaving in large amounts of air rapidly, tears pouring quickly down her warm face. She covered her face, crying into her dirty hands as sobs raked through her body, her right side burning in protest. Her dream had felt all too real: the smell of the smoke, the sweltering burn the fire had left behind as it kissed her skin, and how heavy the pieces of lumber had felt on top of her. "Are you alright?" a deep muffled, distorted, voice broke through the room, bringing Athena back to reality. She jumped further back onto the black bed she was on, her tear filled eyes scanning the bedroom hurriedly. A few small drawers were built into the dark gray paneling on her left, a large door in the far right corner assumingly leading to a bathroom, and another door, open, straight ahead that led to the rest of the living quarters. A wall sized window was on her right, the pitch black emptiness greeting her along with the billions of the vast stars, she was in space, in someone's living quarters. Crouched down at the end of the bed was Kylo Ren, Kylo's quarters, observing her though his mask. "I'm fine." Athena snarled back, drying her tears, and attempting to regain what little composure she had left. She felt indisposed at the fact that the enemy was seeing her in such a vulnerable state. Kylo's hands clenched at his side, the fabric rustling with it, as if he had heard her thoughts. "There's no need to lie." His deep voice was sincere and Athena did a double take before laughing faintly, "Why would the most hatred filled monster want to know about my well being?" "Don't call me that!" Kylo snapped back immediately. Athena rolled her eyes, flashing a fake grin, "What? A Monster? Hate to break it to you Kylo Ren but it's you are!" Kylo's fists tightened, the sound of creaking metal sounding off from somewhere in the room. "I-I can't do this right now..." He stood quickly and retreated back out of the room and down the hall. "Hey, you can't just leave me here!" Athena stood quickly, swaying slightly as she tried to race after him. Kylo turned and watched her rush into the small kitchen and dining area, her eyes wide with annoyance."I can and I will." Athena narrowed her eyes at him, "Am I your pris-". Her words were cut off by a rough rapping noise against the gray door behind Kylo. "Supreme Leader your presence is requested on the bridge" A low nasally voice sounded from behind the door. Kylo Ren inhaled sharply, turning to the control panel and typing in a code allowing for the door to soar up. In the hallway stood a redhead man, layered in a black uniform, his jacket sporting the First Order emblem on the shoulder. The red haired man's harsh green eyes, flicker over to Athena's swiftly, his right eyebrow quirking up at the sight. "Why is the disgusting Rebel Scum in your quarters Ren?" The man inquired roughly. "She should be chained up, like any other." Kylo snarled at the man, "She is none of your business General, it would do you good to remember your position." The General nodded stiffly, turning sharply to his right and heading down the dark hallway. Kylo moved to follow him, before turning back to face Athena. "Clean yourself up," Kylo's head moved downwards as he eyed her blood covered sweater and mud caked pants, "there is clean clothing in the bathroom and I will see to it that a medical droid comes to apply fresh bandages to your wound." Ren turned to the two hidden Stormtroopers on either side of his door, "Don't let her leave this room" and with that he left, his door shutting behind him. Athena let out a frustrated sigh, sinking down to the cold charcoaled colored floor, she was trapped. She could not understand what was going on. Why was she in the Supreme Leader's personal quarters and not chained up, beaten to a pulp, like any other Resistance fighter? Not that she was complaining per se. But most of all, Athena could not understand the odd familiarity that hung thickly, like a dark cloud around Kylo Ren.