A Tragedy

Athena's eyes fluttered open to the sound of the man whispering her name. Her eyes wide open, untrained, and filled with tears. A tidal wave had crashed over her, returning her past as if it had never left.

She was in a brightly lit meadow, the sun casting a warm halo around a man and woman, who sat contently behind their house in the Nayli countryside. Their attention was captivated by the toddler, their daughter, who sat in front of them on the soft yellow blanket. Her blue eyes were wide as her chubby hands lifted a shiny rattle up into midair.

A fire filled her vision next, smoke infiltrating the lungs of the four year old girl being rushed through the burning house by her frantic father. Once outside, her father placed her down on the grass, a safe distance away from the fire. "Stay here, I have to go find your mother!" The man instructed moving to leave, but the young girl's tiny hand caught his. "No Papa please don't leave me, I'm scared!" She sobbed. Another part of the house crumbled down in the background as her father stood frozen for a moment. He quickly retrieved a purple crystal from around his neck and placed the oversized necklace around his daughter's neck. "Wear this it's a Kyber Crystal, one like the Jedi's used to use in the stories your mother and I told you. It will keep you safe until we return." The child's hand clamped around the crystal watching as her father ran back into the burning house, only to never return.

The girl sat in a small white hospital room, any evidence of the fire being cleaned away as she now wore a white medical gown, the purple Kyber crystal still hanging from her neck. Tears streamed down her face, she knew her parents were gone, and she was all alone. A woman with fair skin, warm gentle eyes, and her dark hair braided up entered the room sometime later. Her eyes traveled from the focused little girl to the floating syringe beside her, a knowing smirk forming on the woman's face. "Hello dear, what's your name?" The woman offered her a sincere smile, stepping closer. "Athena Jinn" The girl whispered, the syringe dropping in the background. The woman frowned, "My name is Leia Organa, can you say that?" The child smiled softly, "Lele." Leia laughed, she supposed that was close enough. "Athena love, would you like to come home with me?" The girl nodded eagerly, perhaps this woman could provide her a new home, a new family.

The woman with a long braid trailing down her back, Leia, carried the girl into a spacious looking condo overlooking the capital of Chandrila, Hanna City. "Leia you cannot seriously be thinking of taking her in?" A deep voice spoke causing the little girl to whimper, snuggling deeper into Leia's shoulder. "I knew her parents, Mysa and Baron, it's the least I can do. She'd be an orphan if I didn't!" Two men sighed audibly and a large wookie mumbled incoherently as well. "There's another reason though..." Leia moved to put the girl down on a soft white carpet where a black haired boy with brown eyes, looking to be a year older than her, played with levitating toy blocks. As soon as the girl sat next to the boy, her hand lifted and flew a blue block over to her. The boy's head lifted, shooting her a glare to which she only giggled at. "She's strong with the Force, Luke." Leia said to the sandy blonde haired man. "You said Jinn?" Luke questioned. Leia only nodded and Luke let out a small laugh. "What's funny kid?" the dark haired man asked. "She must be the ancestor of Qui-Gon Jinn, Old Ben's master. His great niece or something! You have to keep her then..." The brunette man sighed once again, "Great another Force User, as if I wasn't already outnumbered!"

The girl, age six, woke in a dark room, a nightmare about her parents demise causing tears to fall thickly down her face. She quickly climbed out of her bed, her tiny legs carrying her to her sense of comfort. She looked out at the living room seeing the bustling nightlife of Hanna from the large open balcony, before entering the room next to hers. The boy was in his bed, tossing in his sleep, as the young girl approached his bed still crying. He suddenly woke from a sniffle, sensing her distraughtness in the Force. "Nightmare again?" He questioned rubbing his eyes, black hair messily splayed across the pillow. The girl only nodded and climbed into bed, into his open arms. "I'm sorry for waking you all the time Benny." She whimpered in his embrace. "It's okay that's what I'm here for Ath, always."