Priorities

Soft billowing sounds of breath greeted Athena as she woke, along with a pounding headache. She weakly propped herself up, taking in her surroundings, her throat which was achingly dry made itself known. The dark gray room, the black silk sheets covering her, the cold compress pressed to her forehead, and her black boots placed carefully on the floor at the edge of the bed. Athena took it all in, the realization dawning on her; she was trapped in Kylo Ren's quarters once again. The vast emptiness of space stared back at the girl, through the wide-open window ahead, the thousands of stars mocking her, knowing she would probably never escape. Athena slid out of the bed, a shiver eliciting from deep down her spine as her bare feet touched the ice cold tile. A soft snore followed by the sound of rustling fabric reminded Athena that she was not alone. Slowly she turned away from the window, seeing a stiff black chair positioned at the foot of the bed, the man with ebony colored hair and matching clothing crammed into it. His head hung back, exposing every little freckle that was scattered across his pale skin, the dark circles that enclosed around his eyes in a sickly manner, and the long scar on the right side of his face from his encounter with Rey on StarKiller Base. His plump mauve lips were parted slightly soft breaths jutting out from between them. His thick black eyebrows were knitted together, beads of sweat began to form across his forehead. He looked bothered in his peaceless sleep, as if something was haunting him. Athena shifted closer, against her better judgement, a feeling deep inside telling her she knew him. The bridge hallway events came flooding back, her attacks against the Stormtroopers, the red-headed General, her fainting, his voice coming back to her. The voice that plagued her nightmares. How did she know the enemy? Kylo shuffled around in the chair, his large long body stuffed painfully into the uncomfortably small chair. He stirred long enough that Athena, afraid of his awakening, rushed backwards into a room... the bathroom.

The door shut down after her and Athena let out a sigh of relief; she felt better knowing he could not see her and she could not see him. She turned to view the bathroom, the same bland black tile enclosing around the small room and the simplistic gray vanity standing out against it on her right. Neatly folded clothing rested on the gray marble counter, the fabric too small to fit Kylo, "There is clean clothing in the bathroom." Athena peeled off her ruined clothing and tossed them into a medium sized waste bin, besides the vanity, there was no point in trying to salvage them. Glancing up, Athena caught sight of an unrecognizable reflection staring back at her in the mirror. The woman in the looking glass was covered in filth, her hair weighed down by dried mud, her face as well caked in the brown substance apart from the streaks of clean skin her tears had left behind. Her body was coated in mud, blood staining the skin on her right side, around the dull stained beige bandages wrapped around her stomach. This was not the Athena she knew... this did not even look like herself, and she had gotten into her fair share of messy fights prior to this. Carefully undoing her bandages, Athena disposed of them along with her "sympathizing" clothing, eyeing the wound on her side. The skin was scabbing around the edges of the injury, but the middle was still red, agitated, and bleeding. It was a miracle she wasn't dead, but an argument could be made that the situation she was in was no miracle. Turning on the hot water, she stepped into the open shower, only a slab of glass separating her from the rest of the world. But the glass was not enough, not enough to stop the visions swirling around in her mind, all in scrambled bits begging to be put back in the correct order. As she massaged her hair with a bar of soap, Athena tried to piece together everything she could: the nightmare of the fire, Kylo's voice, the man who abandoned her on Hosnian, and the fact she had no memory prior to that. None of it fit together, the only thing pieces she could connect was the nightmare and Kylo's voice, but even that did not seem real. Athena roughly scrubbed her at her skin, her mind racing as the strong smell of cedarwood, cloves, and surprising hints of lavender filled her nose... Now she smelled like Kylo Ren, wonderful! The drain carried away the brown water along with the pink droplets of diluted blood, washing away most of the evidence of her first encounter with Kylo Ren.