Another Life

Athena's hand stayed intertwined with Kylo's as they continued to eat breakfast. An energy flowing between them. The energy had always been there, since they were children, but Athena was only now beginning to feel it once more. Her returned past not only bringing back her memories, but reviving the connection she had to the Force. She was attuned once again to the energy that flowed through every living thing. Especially the energy flowing through the man across from her.

Kylo and her were silent, only stealing glances at one another every so often. She did not fully understand the complete shift in her, this sudden need to be near him. The agony of two lives seemed to be subsiding with his proximity and as much as Athena wanted to credit that as to why she wanted him close, she knew it would only be a lie. Yes, he was the Supreme Leader of the First Order, the person she was supposed to see as her enemy. Yet, the man across from her in simple dark clothing only resembled the boy who used to watch sunsets with her. The feelings Athena Jinn had were too strong to fight. The connection the two shared through the Force, only fueled the pull, the allure, the current that Athena attempted to fight against. And whether or not she liked it, she needed his help to find herself again. Eating the last bite of her strudel, Athena glanced up to Kylo, who's reddened face held onto their hands. She watched his black waves slipped down in front of his eyes, a vision resurfacing.

Two medium length braids fell down Athena's shoulders as she sat in her small hut, meditating. She was not one to brag but she was the best meditator in class. Master Luke had accredited her ability to great uncle, a man known for his dedication to the Living Force. Athena could feel everything, the vitality that surrounded her, the temple, and especially the incoming strong vigor. Not a second later, Ben came running in, his aura emitting nothing but pure elation. "What?" She prompted not opening an eye. The boy was a little breathless as he delivered the good news, "Master Luke is allowing for us to go to Hanna for the ball!" Athena's eyes opened at that, turning to the grinning boy. Sweat made his hair cling to his face, its usual fluffiness matted down. "Really?" She could not deny the joy that flooded her at the idea of returning home for the first time in years. Ben only nodded coming to sit beside her on the floor. "I thought you didn't want to go?" Athena questioned, nudging his shoulder. Ben only shook his head, "The ball no, I don't wish to go to that, but I would like to see my parents." She nodded at that, she wanted to see them too. "When do we leave?" Ben looked up to her, an unreadable look in his eyes as he watched her intently. For the past two years, something had begun to form between them. Something more than just childhood friends, something more powerful. "In an hour." Ben stood once again, pulling her up with him. He stood close, his warm breath fanning across her face. Athena would almost be distracted by his presence, by the constant energy flowing between them, but instead she wrinkled her nose. "Did you have your private lesson again? You smell worse than a Wookie! You better go freshen up, I'm not flying anywhere with you smelling like that!"

Ripping her hand from his, Athena stumbled up and out of her chair in alarm. Her hands flew up to her forehead pushing hair out of her face. Kylo stood in alarm too, "What's wrong?" Athena ignored him, her thoughts racing faster than what it took to make the Kessel Run. Her content with the Supreme Leader seemed to grow, leaving her jittery. Her emotions and senses were out of control, every surfacing memory only leading her to feel more drawn to Kylo. The very man before her, trying to snap her back to reality. "What happened? What's wrong?" Kylo reiterated, his hands cupping around her face. He could not read her thoughts they were too cluttered, like the morning he gave her her memories back. "I keep getting these... flashes of moments, memories from before." She answered finally, eyes glazed over. "What did you see?" Kylo spoke gently rubbing soothing circles on her upper cheeks. "It was us, before we went to the ball on Hanna." Athena whispered, peering up at his concerned eyes... he had always been so worried about her. "You had just come back from your lesson and you were so sweaty, you smelled-" "Worse than a Wookie." Kylo finished, letting out a quiet laugh, and recalling the moment himself. Athena let a small smile grace her lips, before she turned serious again. "Why does this keep happening?" He let out a deep sigh pondering momentarily. "You're still processing everything. I'm assuming once you've accepted everything, it will stop." Athena groaned slightly, she was hoping she was past reliving everything. She could not handle the torment, but then again she did not feel like she had that morning everything returned. No, she felt strangely secure with the warm hands pressed against her skin. "It will be okay, it will subside soon." Kylo reassured her, his baritone voice laced with tenderness. He made it difficult to pretend to despise him. Suddenly his hands fell from her face, Athena waking from a daze. Stars, she was puddy in his hands already... This was dangerous. "I'll clean up and you go get ready for the day. Perhaps we could go on a walk? Some fresh air may help with the overwhelming senses." Athena beamed, "Yes that sounds lovely actually." She turned to leave, but a sudden urge erupted inside of her and she turned back to his observing stature. Her hands shakingly rose to his cheeks, her thumb gently falling over his scar. "Thank you for breakfast." She wanted to say more: to thank him for helping, for returning the lost pieces of her soul, for always being there for her. Instead her hands slipped down and she turned to the hallway, her heart hammering in her chest. Oh yes, this was very dangerous.