Somewhere Safe

The peculiar sound of birds chirping caused Athena to stir in her sleep. She blinked heavily, pushing away the lure of sleep as she rolled over in the large bed to examine the room filled with streaks of sunlight. The new room she was in was quite large, yet only a few items were in it. The bed she was in was on the back wall, a tall white wardrobe straight ahead, and a matching dresser was on the left wall with a vase of white flowers placed on top. A blast door was on the wall next to the dresser which presumably led out to wherever, a large window on the right wall where the warm sunlight trinkled in from, and another door was in the far right corner leading to perhaps a bathroom. Pulling back the soft blue covers, Athena swung her feet out to touch the floor. She was still in her gray and black First Order attire and as she stood she could still feel the ache in her right side. Where was she? Athena shuffled towards the door on the left, the door slid upwards to display a quiet white hallway and another door in front of her. Stepping out into the hallway, she gazed at all the different pieces of parchment scattered amongst the white walls. Some of the parchments depicting maps of various places: Hanna City, Naboo's Lake Side, and Nayli, the countryside of Chandrila. Other parchments illustrated ancient looking symbols that resonated with Athena, like she had seen them before, for some unknown reason. A particularly large piece of parchment hung at the end of the hallway, a young woman portrayed upon it. She had a long braid trailing across the crown of her head and down to her shoulder, the rest of her hair flying freely in the wind. She was beautiful, every feature elegantly portrayed, even the large scar on her neck. Athena's fingers immediately reached out to trace the ink outline of the scar, her scar. It was her, the portrait, of course it was. On the bottom corner of the paper, was tiny elegant writing. "Athena, 23 ABY." And signed below it were the initials "B.S.". Skimming all of the surrounding parchments Athena found they were all signed "B.S." Who was BS and why had they drawn her? Athena's bare feet were cold against the white wood floors as she continued into the main opening. The hallway exited out into a large, bright, and open space, a living room to her left with light blue couches and chairs surrounding a white table. In the far corner there was a bookcase stacked with hundreds of multicolored books, a hallway beside it, and a desk against the other wall. To her right was a small wooden table, two chairs positioned across from each other and a medium sized white kitchen just beyond it. Everything was so white, open, airy, and vivacious, with the sweet smell of flowers everywhere, she knew she could not be at another First Order Base.

Athena's mouth began to water as she saw the fresh fruits and vegetables packed onto the kitchen counter, each piece ripe and enticing. Hurrying into the kitchen, she plucked a shining red apple from the assortment and took a massive bite, internally savoring the juicy tart taste. When was the last time she even ate? How long had she been asleep for? The last she remembered, she was lying in a Command Shuttle. Her inquiries were cut short by the sound of faint shuffling entering the room. Athena turned slowly, eyes meeting a bare torso littered with scars. Looking up, she found a man with messy black hair covering most of his face, Kylo. For someone of such size and stature, the man was impossibly light on his feet. "Good Morning." His baritone voice was even deeper, thickened and raspier from sleep. "Um, Good Morning?" Athena mumbled shifting her gaze back to her apple. "I'm sorry, I didn't think you were awake yet." He stated, clearing his throat after as he reached for an apple behind her. "It's okay..." She trailed off admiring the scar tissue on his left side, almost mirroring exactly where her wound was. "Where are we?" Athena questioned taking another bite of the red apple and backing out of the kitchen. "Somewhere safe" was all he said, his back still to her, giving her time to note all of the other little scars that resided on his back that led down to the waistline of his loose black pants. "And where would that be?" She pushed. Kylo turned around to face her, taking a sip from his glass of water that seemed to appear from thin air, almost giving her a questioning look. "All you need to know is we are safe, no one to bother us." Athena rolled her eyes, she was not sure what delusional world he was in, but under what circumstances did he believe she wanted to be here with him? She sighed audibly before taking another bite out of her slowly dwindling apple. Ignoring him, she moved slowly throughout the main room, picking up random items to examine before setting them back down, all while Kylo's eyes were trained on her from the kitchen. "Why are we at a house and not another base?" She looked back at him, eyebrows lifting in questioning. "The Resistance was close to finding you hence why we left, but I knew it was only a matter of time before they would locate us at another base or ship. They will never search here though, that I know." Athena closed her eyes nodding along to his words. Damn he was smart which would only prove to make escaping or being rescued that much harder! She opened her eyes, ready to quip back at his statement, but a glimmer of light caught her eye.