Across the Stars

Warm sunlight streamed in through the large open balcony door waking the woman with blue eyes from her slumber. She hummed out softly stretching her arms over her head, shifting in the bed to face the sleeping man beside her. His black curls were splayed out across the pale blue pillow as soft spurts of air escaped his parted lips. His face was calm, his aura emitting pure serenity despite the faded scar that trailed down the right side of his face and into his exposed shoulder. His bare chest rose and fell rhythmically, the sun streaking across his soft skin. Athena smiled to herself, endless amounts of love pouring out from within her as a delicate hand ran through his wild hair. She pushed the hair from his eyes unaware that her gentle touch had awoken her husband. "Good Morning my Love." Ben's raspy voice mumbled out, startling her. Of course he was awake, he had always been such a light sleeper. "Good Morning." Athena leaned over pressing a chaste kiss to his lips. In return he gave her a lazy smile, his eyes still hooded with sleep. "How much longer do we have?" He whispered. She smirked a little, eyeing the closed door. They were silent for a minute, listening to the faint sounds coming from outside the bedroom walls. A part of her was surprised to not wake up to a stowaway lodged in between Ben and her. "I'm afraid only a few minutes, tops." Ben let out a low groan, shifting further into the comforts of the bed, his long arms hooking around her waist, and pulling her into him. Athena placed her hands against his bare chest, fingers faintly skimming across the skin of his collarbones, and closed her eyes as well, both enjoying their fleeting moments of tranquility.

The sound of the blast door shooting open not long after, had Athena's eyes flickering open. In front of her, Ben's eyes remained close but his lips stretched into an undeniably large grin, signaling he was still awake. The piddle paddle of feet echoed across the stone floor, drawing closer to the bed positioned on the far wall. She closed her eyes feigning sleep alongside Ben as small grunts were heard, the sheets being tugged on correspondingly. A sudden dip in the mattress alerted them to the new presence that had joined them in the comfort of their bed. A small hand was placed gently on Athena's upper arm, the hand attempting to shake her out of her slumber, the same thing happening to Ben. "Mamma Papa, it's time to wake up." Two sweet voices chirped causing Athena and Ben to open their eyes and smile at each other. The two shifted to look up at the grinning children, their sweet loves. A girl with black ringlets and honey brown eyes hovered above Ben, her beauty marks prominent on the apples of her smiling cheeks. A boy with wavy brown hair and piercing blue eyes hovered above Athena, his face adorned in many tiny freckles. Twins, of course, although they looked more like their opposite sex parent than each other. "Is it daylight already?" Athena pretending to be shocked, pulled her little boy down into her arms. Her sweet Maverick only giggled into her chest as his sister Rowena was hugged tightly by Ben.

Ben secured his whole family in his arms contently. Never in a billion years did he believe he would end up here. Perhaps back in his padawan days he could have envisioned it, but eleven years in the First Order under the icy and angry mantra of Kylo Ren had diminished any belief of it. He had spent those years mourning the loss of the love of his life, who had been alive and under his nose the whole time. The Force protecting her until it was time for Ben Solo to rise. He had always been conflicted but she had been the final piece to unravel him whole. Ben looked over at Athena, who lovingly embraced their children, softly humming the sweet melody of an old lullaby, one Leia used to sing to them in their youth. Everyday for the past six years he was afraid to wake and find it had all been a dream, that none of it was real. Too many times, far more than he liked to admit, Athena would press loving kisses to his face, drawing declarations of love onto his exposed skin, and remind him of everything. They were real, the First Order was gone, the Emperor dead, and they were safe. He knew it was true, but deep down he felt as if he would never lose that irrational fear in himself, but it only made him appreciate every moment more. He had never been happier and everyday his little family helped him grow away from the horrors of his past. He even believed one day he could forget it all. Surely with a sight like this, it was hard to remember what his previous life had entailed beyond these walls.