... Of More Woe

Kylo Ren stood attentively in the hanger of his Star Destroyer waiting. He wore his signature thick black robes and watched as the Stormtroopers maneuvered around their Supreme Leader in fear. It was times like these that he missed the security of his mask, he needed to get it fixed promptly. The groups of Stormtroopers began to make a clear path on the landing bay when two transporters and a black command shuttle descended into the Destroyer's hangar. Kylo's eyebrows furrowed, it was his command shuttle. He continued to scrutinize the ship as a displeasing voice spoke up behind him. "Ah, I see they have finally returned." General Hux noted coming to stand beside him. Kylo stared at the man questioningly, who was returning in his shuttle? Before he could interrogate the redhead, the ramp door opened on his command shuttled with a hiss and steam pouring out. There was no movements for a moment, only Stormtroopers exiting from the other transports, until he saw the ends of pitch black robes exiting the shuttle. Then he saw the tips of two blazing red lightsabers. The mysterious figure came into full view with the Knights of Ren following closely behind. Kylo believed to be staring at a clone of himself, the mysterious figure adorned similar black robes, his gray and black mask, with a standard red lightsaber in each hand. "W-Who is that?" He questioned Hux, completely perplexed. "Don't be foolish Supreme Leader, that is the Bride of Ren." Kylo's eyes fell back on the group thundering over to them, finding his theorized clone's black robes to be framing a more feminine figure, and the mask to be smaller as well. The Bride of Ren? Was one of the Knights married? When had he granted a new member amongst the Knights? The woman stalked towards them, her gloved hands twirling the two sabers, before turning them off, and holstering them to her belt. The Knights of Ren moved past her and bowed before their Master, before leaving the hangar all together. The woman stepped forward after their departure, nodding silently to both General Hux and him. Up close Kylo could see the dirt and blood that stained her tight uniform and billowing cloak. "Lady Ren was your mission successful?" Hux questioned, his voice curt and straight to the point. "Yes General Hux, it was. The Resistance is no more." The voice was deep, modified by the mask, but Kylo could still detect the humor and joy hidden in her tone. "Although it would do you some good to remember," She paused, a hint of anger evident in her words, as her hands came up to release the tight air locked gears of the mask. She pulled it off in one swift movement, "That I am your Empress." The air was knocked straight out of Kylo's lungs at the sight before him. The first thing he noticed was the red burned veins trailing up the left side of her cheek and through her one eye as if she had been struck by lightning. Then he saw the blazing red rimmed yellow eyes that were brought out even more by the black shadow coating her eyelids. The woman's hair was loosely secured in a bun, small hairs falling out to frame her snarling face. Two red circles were painted on the center of her cheeks, with the same shade of red painting her upper lip and a stripe down the middle of her bottom lip, the indication of a Queen. Her black gloved hand shot out and Force choked Hux, "Bow before your Queen." Her power forced him down to his knees, his eyes bugging in fear. " Let's hope for your sake, you don't forget to show me some respect, next time." Her hand released her Force induced death grip around Hux's neck, the cowering man pleading for forgiveness. "I'm sorry Empress Ren, it will not happen again." The yellow eyed woman nodded in agreeance, "Yes it won't, now leave my husband and I." The General shook as he stood, bowing messily before he rushed out of the hangar. Her wicked eyes turned to Kylo's, a small evil smile worked its way onto her lips. "Hi." She greeted shifting her mask into her other hand, before quickly leaning up to press a chaste kiss to his lips. Kylo was in shock, he did not move, nor did he kiss her back. The woman pulled away, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What's wrong Kylo?" he grimaced at her voice, at her calling him his First Order name, and not his given name. The name she had spoken so many times in their childhood... "A-Athena?" His voice was thick in horror at the darkly consumed love of his life, standing before him. Her eyes seemed to glow a brighter yellow, the red seeping into the middle like fabric soaking up blood. Her concern slipped away as anger replaced it. All evidence of the girl from his youth disappearing. "Don't you ever utter that name again. You know that's not my name anymore." Her voice was menacing, her shoulder harshly plowing into him as she hurried out of the hangar, leaving Kylo in a state of terror.