There's No "I" in Escape

Kylo Ren had been gone for over half an hour and Athena still sat on the cold black floor, tucked into herself, rocking slightly. She had found herself captured before, this was not something uncommon for a Resistance Fighter, but this was new territory all together. She had never been abducted and taken to a First Order ship before, let alone been locked away in the personal quarters of the new Supreme Leader. What was more disturbing was the fact that Kylo seemed to know her name, but Athena simply chose to categorize that knowledge as a Force User's mind trick. She had heard the legends around Hosnian Prime and even the Resistance bases, the Force was real and so was the Light and Dark side... Kylo Ren being a prime example of the Dark side. Athena was not sure what the man had in store for her, but she was concerned, no matter how oddly out of character the menacing buckethead was behaving... Everyone in the galaxy knew of the blistering hot temper hidden within the confines of his tight little helmet.

The laughter of a child echoed through the quarters, waking Athena from her half dazed slumber. The rebel shot up, eyes widened in confusion and fear at the noise bouncing throughout the room. The quarters were empty, no child in sight, yet she could still hear the faint giggles from somewhere, the bedroom. Athena bounded down the short hallway, entering the now silent gray and black bedroom. What in the Maker was happening? Her eyes searched the room, nothing standing out, until she saw the partially opened drawer built into the wall. Athena walked over to it, hesitant, a part of her knowing she was going to find more than Kylo's folded clothing. Her dirty trembling hand reached forward and yanked the drawer further out, wincing slightly, afraid of the contents. Peeking over the shoulder level drawer, Athena's eyes fell onto stacks of neatly aligned black fabric, nothing of any remote interest. Sighing, the girl feeling a tad foolish for assuming something far worse, Athena goes to close the drawer. Just before the drawer closed completely, the faint laugh was heard again. Ripping open the drawer once again, Athena caught sight of a small dip in the bottom of the drawer. She removed the clothing hastily, tossing it messily onto the bed behind her. Lifting the false paneling of the drawer, revealed two items: something cylinder shaped wrapped heavily in torn brown fabric and a small faded white rectangle lying beside it. Athena instinctively reached for the thick paper, turning it over in her hands. It was a small faded, old, photograph of a smiling young woman, with long wavy brown hair flowing in the breeze, sitting in a large green meadow in between two young laughing children. A boy with thick curly black hair was on her right and a girl with two medium length braids falling over her shoulders, was on the left. Athena knew the woman instantly, she could pick her out in a sea of people, General Organa... which only meant the boy was her son, Kylo Ren. She continued to stare at the two, not understanding how something so bright and happy had turned to something dark and angry, when something caught Athena's attention. In a flash, Athena was pulling the picture closer, examining it. Deep harsh breaths began to stagger out of Athena's mouth as the photo slipped from her hand, softly cascading down to the floor. She wobbled back, out of the room, her chest tightening as she tried to process what she just saw. What in the stars was going on? What did it mean? The main door in the small kitchen, shot up, unveiling a black medical droid shuffling into the room. Athena did not think twice before she pushed past the droid and bolted to the left, past the two Stormtroopers who stood guard. "Hey, get back here!" One shouted after her, but Athena ignored him pushing on harder down the hall, her boots slapping heavily against the reflective tile. She was running around blindly unsure of where to go, taking sharp turns down random hallways, trying to lose her company. Seeing a divot in the hallway up above, Athena quickly dove into the door frame, hiding. She watched as the two Stormtroopers ran past her hideout, still in search of her. Athena took a moment to catch her breath, leaning against the wall, her mind still in disarray over what she had seen. Athena had many unanswered questions about her past, like for example: How had she forgotten 18 years of her life? Why had no one ever cared to look for her? She had to be missing from someone's life, right? This new revelation, this new puzzle piece she had found, how did it fit into her unfinished disastrous puzzle of a life?