xxixi

His only family now laid lifeless on the cold hard marble, covered in a white sheet to probably avoid any kind of strokes the family members might get.

The attention of the police officer shifted towards Taehyung, who didn't bother to even blink after the sight he saw.

Everything, the golden, the shades of magenta, the splashing of freesia, the extravagant velvet scarlet sofa, the souvenir from Holland that laid on the table like usual, everything, from the nook to the corners of the color filled house, everything looked vaugly grey to him.

Everything had ended even before anyone could start, this could've been avoided if only-

If only he would have not been so cowardly, if only he would have arrived a little earlier everything could have been avoided, if-

It's the games of "if only", he thinks, he blames himself for everything, he lost everything, every little thing that was left for him in order to survive, in order to breathe the air he thought he deserved but internally he doesn't, he doesn't deserve any drop of air, it's his fault he says.

He fell on his knees, pale moonmilk skin skimmed through him, the vermillion seemed too pale, the palettes of colors looked so down, so sucked out of everything, he would love to end it all here as well.

Why to even live?

Whom to even live for?

Why to live even?

He asks himself questions that are never going to be answered for he doesn't have any. Cupping his cheeks, wiping the drops of tears that are wetting his enthrallingly warm skin, the goldenness of the skin illuminated in the little light, no one in this world can just stay still, be so lifeless seeing his parents- universe engulfed by the closing of reality like this.

But Taehyung on the other hand, was like this, of course the blues of tears fell, but his eyes were flowing with emptiness that employed through him, before any words could be formed he saw unfamiliar face bend down, so close to him.

"Are you Taehyung?" his voice sounded rusted, copper like skin covered him, enticing splash of  red was in him, he looks warm for Taehyung.

Taehyung doesn't answer, just nods his head to yes, the officer nods getting up motioning Taehyung to grab onto his hands. Following the motion he wraps his hands around his, pushing his body to stand up and walk.

Not letting go of the grip the officer sits on the scarlet sofa, that smelled like it had been dipped in harsh chemicals which wasn't much pleasing to Taehyung to say the least.

Taehyung unconsciously scrunched up his nose, the emptiness in his eyes still refusing to leave, he too sat beside the officer, grabbing onto a little tighter than before.

"Don't worry about the smell, it's the chemicals used to scrub off the bodily fluids, like blood and everything. Apart from the smell, I have important news to share with you despite being in situation like this. I apologise to you for this, but it's my duty. I hope you will understand." spoke his copper skimmed lips.

"It's okay for you to stay quiet but please nod to give me signs of your answer" he smiled again, happily exposing dimples that flowed under his cheeks.

"When we got to the scene, I will skip the details, but we were investigating the rooms and in one of the room" he paused pointing at the room his father used to breathe in, used to sleep, used to work. Used to. He reminds himself.

"Is that your mother's room?" he asked but Taehyung motioned it to be wrong.

"So it's your father's room." He nodded in silence staring vaugly at the other's eyes which looked equally spaced out like his.