I Think He Was Right About Me

Casually, we all enter the dark dreary hotel, finding no one in sight as exhausting; Vaggie grumbling pops herself on the sofa to handle her headache. My ears perk up at the sodden of the fridge opening then closing as I turn to Angel, seeing him offer me a pop, which I calmly take, enjoying the flavour as he then turns to the sad Charlie, perched on a wooden crate, looking sorrowful at the floor beneath her.

"It's prolly a good idea to get some actual food in this place. Y'know, to feed all the wayward souls ya got in here," Angel laughs, turning into nervous laughter as uneasily, he glances at me then back to her conflicted, reaching out to her only then to falter. I sigh, following after him, not sure what to do. He also possesses sharp teeth with one golden fang.

His clothes usually consist of a white suit with pink stripes, a black and pink bowtie, a thin black choker, pink gloves followed by a black miniskirt and long black thigh high heel boots which have two pink stripes on them.

Sighing I frown at the odd, conflicting emotions in my stomach as I stand glancing at the closed glass doors, feeling my grip on my chest tighten. I should do something; she's been gone too long. Calmly, I glance to the side at the many picture frames of Lilith mainly in her acting films and roles she played in the past, noting a few with me in the background, sighing as I frown at the memories of me in some acting roles thanks to her persistence. I wasn't the best actor in contrast to Lilith although my singing was my main appeal to the people, but I do recall some fan letters sent to me surprising me, even some ruby red flowers sent to me once, stunning me even Lilith was. She loved teasing me about it, said I had a secret admirer, the same ruby red flowers came to me time and time again, which I would always deny, finding it rather odd, receiving something of that extravagance without something in return, maybe it had some sort of poison to harm me or the Magne line.

3rd person:

Frowning, Kat stands from the sofa, arms crossed, a look of confliction in her tense features, awkwardly loitering around the door that is until, her blues widen at the muffled voice next door.

"I think Dad was right about me..."

Pained, Kat grimaces her eyes softening at the sorrowful wobbling voice of Charlie as she sighs, bowing her head as she gently presses her hand on the golden door knob, twisting it as she opens it, hearing Charlie quickly hang up as Kat crosses her arms, looking down at the still silent Charlie, rapidly rubbing her eyes, smiling a enforced injured smile.

First person:

"O-Oh Kat, sorry...I didn't..." Gently, I cut her off by placing my hand on her head, astonishing her as quietly; I pet her head, making her blink, amazed by the gesture. Confused, my brow furrows as I quirk my head to the side, brow furrowed as I see her speedily desperately wipe her tears aside, smiling forcibly, tightly at me, making me frown at the smile I have grown accustomed to in this family.

"Hey...Kat," Charlie begins as I catch the curiosity in her tone.

"Yeah..." I trial off wary.

"Dad never told me but how did you come to Hell. What did you do?" Intrigued, she asks sombrely as I hear the faint sniffle.

"I don't know..." I confess honestly.

"Huh?" Puzzled, she furrows her brow.

"All I have ever really known is Hell Charlie, all I have ever learned to care for was you, your father and your mother. I woke up with a past I wish to remain forgotten. The person I was... isn't the person I want to be again. I'm grateful for Hell, gave me a second chance you know? Something about the pain and shock of my death doing something to my brain, caused me to have brief blanks in my memory but I know what is needed." I shrug, I remember bits and pieces but not all, like everyone does and the only bits I do. I don't want to...

Don't you want to know more? Curious, Charlie reasons.

"No. The person I was died the moment I came to Hell. I want to forget that life, I want to forget her I want to forget everything that I once was. Is that sufficient?" I confess to her calmly.

"No I mean yes, it's...I'm sorry," Guilty, Charlie bows her head making me arch a brow bewildered by the apology.

"For what? If anything I should thank you and your family. If your father hadn't taken me in and trained me, I would be dead." I argue perplexed.

"I mean you already are," Sheepishly, she smiles earning a small chuckle from me.

"You know what I mean," Weakly, I smile and shake my head.

"Yeah..." Softly, Charlie smiles bowing her head.

"Still no response from Madam Lilith," I gather from her sad nod.

"No she's probably busy I'll talk to her later," Tightly, she smiles as I sigh shaking my head at the girl.

"You know just cause today didn't go well doesn't mean tomorrow wont," I reason kindly taking a seat next to her surprising her.

"You think so?" Hopeful, she whispers.

"I think so I mean think of it like this. This is a learning process for you," I shrug perceiving the hope start to return in her eyes.

"Kat I'm...sorry about your freak out at the news station we didn't help you," Guilty, Charlie bows her head from my lie.

"Hm? Oh that never mind about that," I shrug it off waving it off.

"But if we didn't you wouldn't have stormed off," Charlie disputes.

"Oh no I still would have." I scoff.

"Huh?" Puzzled, Charlie does a double take.

"Yeah the first chance I get into a fight I'd dive right into it," Grinning, I feel my blood pump, a dark look in my eyes at the thought of battle.

"Why?" Charlie quirks her head to the side.

"I was created to fight, the adrenaline, the risk of death...the pain," Giddily, I grin noticing the slight moan in my tone from the last part as I cross my arms leaning forward, enjoying the faint shiver of desire at the thought.

"...Right." Nervously, Charlie smiles leaning back fearful of my dark deranged look.

"Look, don't think this is it, it isn't you will get a customer," I assure her.

"You think so?" She wonders.

"Eventually who knows?" I shrug not sure what else to say.

"Thanks Kat I mean it," Smiling, Charlie stands as I follow her.

"Don't mention it." Tightly, I smile placing my hand on her shoulder.

"I-"

"No I mean it. Don't. Mention. It," Sharply, I cut her off making her flinch back from my threatening glare, shining my grin at her as she nods sheepishly, scared.

"Um..." Weakly, she releases a feeble whimper.

"Can't have this on my record, I got a reputation after all," I reason, dusting myself off smiling forcefully.

"Right..." Shaking, she nods darting back inside as calmly, I turn my back entering the hotel, unaware of the impending doom to come...