Chapter 4

I woke to a hard pillow. I opened my eyes and saw that it wasn't a pillow at all, it was Stefan. He was still sleeping. Wait, how did I even get here? I slowly get out of bed. I stand up and as quickly and without making noise as possible I grab my phone and clothes and I open the door. Just has I'm about to step out of the room I hear Stefan shuffle in bed. I don't turn around and vampire speed to the Grill.

Once I get there it's closed but I use the back entrance that nobody knows but me and get myself three bottles of bourbon. I head out and search for my car. Once I spot it at the church's parking lot, I get my keys out and open it up. I start the ignition and start driving out of town. But just my luck, Klaus is there standing in my way of getting out of this hell of a place. "Get out Katie!" He shouts at me. "No, I won't! I'm leaving and never looking back, even if there's someone out there hunting me down for my powers! I don't care what happens to you or my 'family', because I never actually have any!" I shout at him. He looks at me with shock but changes into anger. He walks up to my side of the car and opens the door with force that it flies off its hinges. He drags me out with force that I didn't think he could have done, especially to me. I still had one small part of my humanity but he didn't knew that. I fall on my back and I hear crack from my leg and spine. He looked at with anger until he saw me struggling to stand up, his expression changed to guilt. He walked towards me. "Katie-" I interrupted him by snapping my spine and leg back in place. He quickly rushed towards me but I backed away scared. I haven't been scared of Klaus and he knew that. "Katie, please forgive me, I didn't meant to harm you, you know I never would." He said worried. I looked at his eyes and saw that he really was sincere. "I-I forgive you." I said and he looked happy and came closer to hug me but I backed away. "But that doesn't mean I forgive you for calling me insecure. I won't be part of your family anymore. You're just a stranger to me, no longer my father or my family for that matter." I said, it pain me to tell him that but I need to get away, all I do is create trouble where ever I go. I need to start fresh, a new life. I stand up vampire speed into the woods.

~A Few Weeks later~

I go inside a small diner in the state of Illinois and sit down. I order some things and start to eat. I have been coming here for the past few weeks since I left Mystic Falls. Everyone knows me here. I've compelled this whole town that if I can only talk to them freely about me but if someone that they don't know asks about me then they will have no idea who I am. Also, I put a spell around me so I can be untraceable from any supernatural being.

I finish my meal and start to head out. When I turns corner I see Stefan, Klaus, and Enzo. Shit. I was hoping to avoid them for I don't know, a century? But luck isn't much in my side is it? I start to walk the other side. I cross the street and head inside one of the houses that I spend in when ever I need a house to stay in. I have my own house but I know that they will search there first. Once inside I compell the girl to give me a few blood bags. I also compell her to pretend to be me and drive out of town just has they look her way. She does what I say and drives the three guys away. I wait a few minutes until I head out of the house and into the girls car and drive out of town and into another small town in the same state. I pull up to a gas station and see that there is no other cars. I put in my credit card and the tank starts to fill up. It finishes and I put the cap back on. I get in the car and start the ignition. I start to drive out of the place when I see that in front of me is Klaus. I put the car in reverse and just has I'm about to get out I see Enzo there. I stop and when I went to look in front of me and see Klaus starts to approach the car with Enzo. I'm about to lock the doors knowing Stefan will want to enter when I see in the rear view mirror I see Stefan sitting in the back seat. I curse in my head. I start to open my door when Stefan pulls the door close. I quickly lock the doors to prevent the other two guys from entering but I'm too late and Enzo is sitting behind with Stefan and Klaus is sitting in the passenger seat. I unlock the doors and quickly get out and quickly lock the doors with my magic. They get stuck in there. They try to get out but I prevent them from doing so with my magic. I start to walk away and into a street and just lay there, in the middle while hearing them scream my name to let them out. I disguise my body has just the pavement of the road and see two cars coming at me in full speed.

Klaus' POV

I see two cars come down the road where Katie is laying in, at full speed. I see both cars still going, I bang on the car door as hard as I can to prevent Katie getting herself killed, she's still half human and she can still die from a really bad injury. Just has I get out the car she has already been hit by the car. I run at full speed to see that her body isn't there anymore but only blood on the road where she was laying. I start to cry and scream her name. Stefan and Enzo pick me up on my feet and drag me to the car. I'm sorry Katie for everything I did wrong. I thought.