Chapter 9

When I read the note I knew who was coming. I have to prepare myself for the arrival. But that has to wait till tomorrow.

<Next Morning>

I wake up with the sun shining through the window, it may be snowing and Christmas is around the corner but the sun is shining. The arrival is today. I quickly take a shower and get dressed into a navy blue jeggins with a black tank top and my leather jacket, also my 4-inch high heels. I walk down the stairs and into the living room. I wait for a couple of minutes until I hear the doorbell ring. I run towards the door and see the one person I wanted to see. Jade. She's my best friend and she is the sister of Elena and Jeremy Gilbert. She has been out of town because of the death of her parents.

Your probably wondering how I came to meet her. Well it all started when I went to Forks for the whole Volturi thing and she was roaming the streets at night not knowing about the creatures roaming at night and a vampire attacks her, you know for blood. I was walking around at that time and I saved her from that cold one. I had to suck all the venom out of her system and give her my blood after that. She survived has you can see and is still human. Now she is another vampire hunter.

She steps in and hugs me. I hug her back. "You're here. What brings you to New Orleans?" I ask her. She shrugs. "I came to visit my favorite vampire." She says while smirking. I roll my eyes knowing that isn't the reason she's here. "What is your real reason? Trying to piss of Klaus again?" I ask her. "You know me too well. And I came because I want you to join me confront my siblings back at Mystic Falls. Also I want to annoy the hell out of this Damon Salvatore guy." She says while showing her famous smirk. Many of the supernatural world know her has the first original female hunter. You know with the whole tattoo and the hunter curse. Yeah she's the only female to be one. Her tattoo is almost done since she's all badass at killing vampires. Also a fair warning never get in her way, also don't be on her bad side, she talks a lot of bullshit at times. I nod and we head out.

Once we arrived at the Gilbert residence, we walked up the door and knocked. I called earlier if they were gonna be there and they said yes. The door opened to reveal Elena. Jade was behind me, I was blocking the view of Jade from Elena. "Hey Katie. Who's behind you?" She asked me. "Hey Elena. Um...this is Jade, you may know her from a long time ago." I say while stepping away to the side to let Elena and Jade see each other for the first time since about five years ago. "Hey Elena."

-----------------------------

We, meaning the three Gilberts and I, were sitting down in the living room talking. Jade always had a mask on, not showing her true self, she always hid with sarcasm and always having to give everyone shit but that's her way of expressing things. She's like Damon in a way, always hiding through a mask. If it means being the bad guy to save the people she most cares about then she'll be the bad guy.

I leave them alone to talk and catch up and go outside. I text Klaus that I'm in Mystic Falls so he dosen't have to worry about me. I walk down to my car and just has I'm about to get inside I see Stefan walking towards me. Why now? Why? I get in and start the engine. "Katie!?" He says. But I ignore him and start driving towards the Grill and just has I'm about to turn to another road Stefan is there in front of my car with a worried expression. I sigh and unlock the car door. He gets inside and we start heading towards the Grill. We get there and I turn off the engine. We just sit there, I was expecting an awkward silence but it wasn't awkward at all, it was a comfortable one. "Where were you?" Was the first thing Stefan said while facing me. I faced him. "I was in New Orleans with the rest of my family." I say. While in New Orleans I felt like my heart was missing something, I felt like I forgot or missed something in Mystic Falls. Then I realized it was Stefan. I realized that I still love Stefan. Which is another reason I came back. I didn't knew I was crying until Stefan wiped them away. He lifted my chin with his finger and I looked at those amazing green eyes of his. He leaned in and kissed me, I kissed back. Now I know that I belong in Mystic Falls, nowhere else.

__________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: Thanks for reading.

Jade is a new character that was created by JadeGuidry .

-Jen