𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻

•𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓊𝒹𝓈•

"I guess I was 4 that time, the first time I learnt skating" you started to talk

"I guess I was 4 that time, the first time I learnt skating" you started to talk. After the performance, you and Yuzuru sat down just the two of you, and talked. He was resting his feet after the performance and you accompanied him, somehow you didn't have to tell him that you realized you still love skating, he could tell. And somehow you started telling him about your story, what happened 3 years ago. Or maybe since the very start.

"I learnt skating from my aunt. My parents died so Ive always been with her. Her name's Sonoda Eriko, though because we only had 13 years of age gap, I call her Eriko-san rather than obaasan. She was a skater too, she won a bronze medal at the national tournament, well at the end she never made it to the grand prix final, she put her all into skating and  injured her foot. Her skating career ended that way because the doctor said it became a permanent injury,she cant skate anymore.

She was 18 that time. Too young to retire. Even now I still admire how she finds the courage to not break down completely, she decided to train me. So I trained hard everyday, I came to enjoy skating a lot. Then I made my junior debut at the age of 13"

4 years ago.. 2013

You made you debut at the international junior skating. At the age of 13, you were already attempting the triple axel, it became a huge news for everyone, though you failed to land it in the competition.

But still you won the silver medal for the 2013 World Junior Championship, in Italy. There you made your name as a young prodigy skater. You were best known as the "Fairytale Skater", mostly because your appearance, and the way you skate was lovely and elegant, it was beautiful, accurate posture and jumps, with a lot of artisty, you excelled in step sequence, and the theme for your programs were based on fairytales. The short program based on the sleeping beauty, and the free skate based on tinker bell.

But truly, you had kept your secret weapon for the next year. You were aiming for gold. It was what you and Sonoda Eriko promised to achieve together. It was your goal together. You took her baton ever since she quit skating.

"Miss Kanda, what are you planning for next year?"

"Are you planning on perfecting your triple axel?"

"Do you think a quad is possible for you?"

The interviewers were excited at the new star skater.

"For now, I'm thinking of going back training hard, so that I can execute my program perfectly next year. For next year program, is actually something Ive been planning since years ago, so please anticipate it. Yes, I will be polishing my triple axel, although I don't have much time left because I also plan to try a quad"

The interviewers suddenly got hyped up because this is the first time a junior at such a young age will try to attempt a quad which is even hard for male seniors. But because you were the prodigy everyone believed in, you were determined to nail it, for you and your beloved Sonoda san.