𝓯𝓲𝓿𝓮

•𝓇𝑒𝒷𝒾𝓇𝓉𝒽•

2014

"W-what do you mean?" you couldn't believe what you heard.

"I don't know the details. They told me it was an accident. For now, do you want to go to the hospital?"

"Afterwards, it was all just nightmare. The shock hit me so hard. They told me, she hurriedly took a taxi to the venue but the taxi broke down so she had to ran to make it on time, cctv showed that she collapsed while crossing the street, where unfortunately, she was hit by a truck on full speed. They told me they tried the best to save the baby inside her as well but it was no good." you continued telling Yuzuru the story.

"It must be hard for you.." He looked sorrow as well.

"I really cried months afterwards, winning the gold medal seems like it was all in vain. I had to lose my only family and the person I love the most. I really blamed myself for all of it, even now I still do. Because of my selfishness and immaturity, such an amazing person had to die, I even killed the innocent child inside of her. The worst thing is, she went before knowing that I won. Even though I finally reached our goal, she didn't get to see me standing on the podium of her dreams."

You wiped the tears in your eyes. You still miss her a lot to this moment.

"After that, I didn't step on the ice for 3 months. The first time I try, it was hard, the trauma was. No matter how I try, I can't bring myself to jump. It was like when I wanted to jump, there's a shackle pulling me down, restricting me to the ground, it was like my wings were ripped off. I knew at that moment, that it was hopeless for me. I can't even skate or jump, let alone competing in official competitions. So I went hiatus and disappeared from the skating world. I threw away all my skating stuffs, I distanced myself from skating, tried to forget everything about skating. I burried it deep down. So I was quite furious when you accidently reminded me of all that. Even though I tried hard for years to forget it, seems like what you said was right, Hanyu-san. I'm sorry for getting worked up" you finished your story and turned to face the olympic skater beside you.

"I.. being a skater myself, I can somehow able to differentiate those who truly love skating and those who don't. When I saw you, I know instantly you belong to the first one not the latter. I didn't want someone who actually loves skating to stop because of their hurtful past. I want you to realize it and overcome it. That's why I was hard on you." Yuzuru explained his reasoning. You weren't sure how to react, how are you supposed to know that kind of thing just by looking at them.

"That never crossed my mind. I thought you were someone who don't really assosiate themselves with other people, even more meddling in some stranger's bussiness that you just met" you stated your true opinion.

"But you're not just a stranger. I know you since your junior era, I thought I told you, you were my favourite female skater, not now though. And actually the story of your coach and your hiatus, I heard it briefly years ago. But it was nice hearing directly from the source"

You know that Yuzuru's known for his quirky attitude, fun and cute and sexy, and charmer. But the skating insiders had actually told you, that behind the scene, he's sometimes cold and individualist as well. Sometimes switching with his nice and playful personality. Bipolar he is.

"Really? Do they say I'm that cold?" he asked. Eh?! How did he read your mind again.

"I can tell from your expression" he smiled teasingly. You panicked holding your cheeks.

"Hahaha don't worry, it's not that you're easy to read, it's just that I'm good at reading people"

"Geh, troublesome guy" you clicked your tongue.