𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓽𝔀𝓸

•𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓃𝓉𝓇𝓎𝒷𝓊𝓂𝓅𝓀𝒾𝓃•

2 months have passed ever since the summer camp at Toronto. You have finished perfecting your short and free programme. With the regionals just in front of you, your trainings were intensified by your coach, Yukie-san. It might only be your feeling but you feel she's more of a demon these days.

Good thing your triple axel is more stable and consistent, you would say its success rate is about 70%. That's pretty good considering you only got it back two months ago, but it's already at the stage where you can include it in your programs and you did.

And it was finally time to let the world know. The annoucement of the return of Michiru Kanda. You and Yukie-san agreed today was the best time for the press conference, it was your birthday afterall September 7th. Yukie-san already made contact and arranged some sports reporters, and they were more than glad to come as figure skating is a very relevant sport in Japan.

You fixed your sleeves, you made sure to look proper, neat, and modest

You fixed your sleeves, you made sure to look proper, neat, and modest. Wearing your hair in a low bun, and a pastel coloured formal suit, you walked in the room full of reporters with their huge cameras flashing and you sat down at the table with Yukie-san next to you.

"We'd like to start the press conference of Michiru Kanda who has announced that she will be returning to competitive skating after her four year hiatus since 2018. As to how we proceed at the outset, Kanda-senshu and Aonuma Yukie-san will speak and then we will entertain questions. For those who have questions, please raise your hand and I will call on you.

So, after you have received the microphone, please state your name and affiliation and indicate to whom the question is directed before you ask your question" the moderator for the press conference stated.

"So, Kanda-san, please". You bring the mic closer to your face and started to greet the reporters.

"As for today, just as it has been said earlier, I'd like to express my decision on returning to competition. I will compete in this year's nationals, I have already registered at the upcoming regionals in Tokyo this 23rd in order to qualify for the nationals. Of course this decision has been made with a lot of thinking and consideration from my side, therefore I ask that everyone can respect and fully support my decision. Although it has been four years, I would also to apologize and thank for those who have waited for me, this time I will do my best and try to not disappoint everyone. Thankyou very much" you finished your speech and everyone started to raise their hands.

"This is a question for Kanda-san, this might sound impolite, but is it true that the reason you went into hiatus after winning the GPF gold medal back in 2014 had something to do the accident of your former coach? If not what are your thoughts about it?"

Damn reporters, you know they want the juicy scoop, you have already expected this.

"Yes, it has to do with it. Back then, I was only a 14 year old kid, I have no parents, so the late Eriko-san, who was also my aunt, was the only real family figure for me. That accident really took a hit on me, and that time I really felt alone and like everything lost its meaning and I lost my reason to skate, it was a hard time. I had a mental breakdown, and that made me took the decision to take a break from the skating world. But at that time, I actually had no intention of returning at all, I was ready to quit once and for all. But now I'm glad that I decided to return once again"