Part 22

Evan's POV

Seeing Y/n show up to school makes me
happy. After weeks of her being on vacation, the school allowed her to move on to senior year if she doesn't miss any more days for the rest of the year.

She has always been my favorite friend and I am glad to have her back here.

"Hey Evan," Emma greets me as she sits
beside me at the lunch table with Tanner at her side.

"Hey Emma. How are you guys?"

"Fine," says Tanner and Emma nods in agreement.

"That's real good," I reply and she nods again.

"Hey everybody," Y/n says as she sits down on my other side. Now noticing, I think it is funny that none of us are even eating lunch today.

"Hey Y/n ," I respond as I sling an arm over her shoulder. "It's nice that your back. We've missed you. I mean, you didn't tell us you were going on vacation."

"Yeah. It was all more last minute."

"Oh okay." I watch as her and Emma share a look. I think nothing of it because the two have always had secret conversations with their eyes.

"So what has happened lately? Anything
new?" Y/n questions and the rest of our
friends take seats at the table.

Hannah says, "I'm finally passing all my
classes."

"I'm failing three of my classes," Stacey says, giggling. "Geometry, World History, and PE II."

"How are you failing PE II?" I ask her. "It's
the easiest class you can take as a junior.",

"It is but I don't dress out so I lose over half my points every day."

"Idiot," snickers Tanner and Stacey shoves
him, causing him to laugh.

"Well there is a party at Tanner's place
Friday," Troy says and we all look at Tanner.

"You haven't told me this," Emma says to
Tanner, crossing her arms.

"I was going to," he tells her. "I was going to tell you all now."

She hums and then looks away from her
boyfriend. I wonder if she is seriously mad at him or not. I hold in a laugh while watching the two. They literally fight like a married couple.

"I'll be going," says Hanna and Stacey agrees,

"Same here," I tell him. "What about you?" I ask Y/n, looking at her.

A look passes over her face before she says, "I should just stay home." I wonder why she says that since she never turns down a party unless for a really good reason, but I don't push it any further.