Part 34

Y/n's POV

The final bell rings, dismissing all the
students. I leave the classroom and go to my locker, but somebody is there, waiting for me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her as I
approach.

"I came to pick up my girlfriend from school," Demi replies. "Is that a problem?"

"Yes," I answer, "because you are at my
locker, not your girlfriend's. Her's is on the
other side of school."

"Oh," she says with a smirk because he already knew that. "See you later, baby girl."

I scoff as he walks away. What a douche. How could Hannah even date her? Why did I want to be friends with him a while back?

I just feel bad for the woman who gave birth to her. Sorry, not sorry.

I sigh before opening my locker and throwing my books in my bag. I take my bag out and sling it over my shoulder. The locker door slams shut and I walk to the main exit of the school.

Demi's POV

I watch from behind the corner as Y/n leaves the school building. Of course I did not come to pick up my 'girlfriend' Hannah because I am going to talk to Y/n at her house.

I remove myself from behind my hiding place and follow after Y/n as she walks home. She has no suspicion of me following behind her.

When she reaches her front door, I am about fifteen feet away at least so I hide behind a neighbor's car until Sam unlocks the door and goes inside.

I walk to the door and twist the knob, finding out that she left it unlocked. Stupid girl. I open the door all the way and see nobody in the living room. Her mom is at work and her dad is never home. Her sisters are at a friend's house and her brother is at a bar. I know this because I followed Noah before school ended and saw the twins ride with a friend.

I quietly shut the door and listen for any
noises. None. I silently thank God and step on the first step leading to the second level of this house.

Soon, I have climbed all of the stairs and am across from Y/n's  door. Just a few feet away. Once I get in there, I can work out everything between us.

My feet bring me to her bedroom door and
my hands act, opening the door, before I
know what I am doing.

Y/n's POV

I hear feet outside my door and immediately know who it is. Demi. What the hell is she doing here? Isn't she supposed to be 'picking up her girlfriend from school'?

Suddenly, the door to my bedroom opens and I already know what to say.

"Get out of my house." I say without looking up from the homework I am trying to do.

"Not yet," was her reply. Why does she mean by 'not yet'? What is she going to do?

"Why are you here then, Demi?" I ask as I
finally lift my head up, basically giving in.

"I came to talk to you," she tells me and I roll my eyes. Of course she came to talk to me, which will end up with her wanting me to want her, if that makes any sense.

"That never ends well," I say. "Get to it." I
really hope this won't take long. I still have
homework to do.

"You are fiesty," he says. "I love it."

"Okay, okay," I say. "I get it. Get to the point."

"You know," she starts, completely ignoring me, "you are a lot different than when I first got to know you, a year ago. You used to be so shy and insecure and now, woah. Confident, so sure of everything, fearless, and nothing seems to be of your concern." She pauses. "And sexy."

What she doesn't know is that I am still all of the things I was a year ago. I am not
confident. If anything, I feel as if everyone is judging my every move and I am afraid that I am doing things all wrong. So sure of everything? No. Like myself a year ago, I think everything I do is screwed up. Definitely not fearless. There are many things I am afraid of. And just about everything is of my concern. I don't get why she uses that last word to describe me. Sexy. I am the complete opposite, messy, sloppy. I am the same me as last year me.

"Leave, Demi," I say, wanted to cry because of all the things I am. Because of all the things I am not.

"I am still talking to you," she says, raising her voice.

"Then talk, because I want you to say what you have to say and leave as soon as possible."

And she sighs.

"I don't like Hannah, Y/n," she finally says.
"You should very well know that.. but.. Are
you dating Troy?" Oh, I see. She's jealous of Troy.

"You're jealous of Troy," I state simply.
"I am not jealous of him," Demi spits. "I'm
just jealous of the relationship he has with
you."

"Why?"

"Everything seems so easy for you two and I hate it," she says.

A long conversation is ahead of me.