Part 23

Y/n's  POV

School slowly drags on and soon enough it is over. Throughout the rest of the school day, all my friends and I decided to have a big ol' sleepover at my house. My mom doesn't mind and who cares if it is Monday?

My mother told me that she will be out of
town but my brother will be home while my
dad works and my twin sisters stay over at a friend's house.

I get home and change into some sweatpants and a Vans T-shirt. Sliding my black TOMS on, I grab a wad of money and tuck it into my pocket. I grab the car keys and head out to the car.

I drive to Walgreens and when I get there go inside. With a cart, I go down the different aisles, picking out all kinds of junk food we will need to consume tonight. Welcome to teenage life.

When I reach the frozen section, I am pushed up again the freezer and a gasp escapes my mouth. Why isn't there anybody else down this aisle?

I open my closed eyes to meet those brown orbs. What is she doing here? Why is she not in Florida? I thought he was going to be a part of my past, not my present or future.

"What are you doing here, Demi?" I hiss at
her. She has no right to be near me anymore, but yet with her body pressed against mine, I realize I have missed her a little. We had gotten pretty close in a short amount of time. But why should I miss her or get close to her? She did some very horrible things.

"I need you, Y/n," comes out of that perfectly shaped mouth of her. I roll my eyes.

"Get that girl of yours," I spit at her. "You
shouldn't be here and I don't want you here. You need to just leave me alone." I push at her chest but she doesn't budge.

"You know well that you want me as close to you as I want you close to me," she says and I mentally agree with her. I shake my head, trying to clear those thoughts out of my head. Why am I thinking like that? I'm supposed to hate her.

"Think again", I push at her chest again she backs away. She looks a little confused. I don't need this.  I grab ahold of my cart and push it to the check out. No way am I going to stay in the grocery store and longer with her.

But I become a little more nervous because she really is back in Minnesota.  And I don't think there is anything stopping her from trying to get me again.