Chapter 17

The feeling of the room changed from lighthearted to heavy in an instant. Everyone in the room had shifted their gaze to you, as if a little scared for what he wanted with you. Even Bakugou showed the slightest hint of curiosity towards your fate. Mina stepped out of your way, allowing you to slowly inch towards the stern looking man. Once you stood about three feet from him, he turned to walk into the kitchen, moving so you and him wouldn't be within sight of the class. You could hear the teenagers begin to chat amongst themselves, causing the man to let out a small breath.

"Sorry if I startled you, (F/n), I just needed to seem as though I was going to give you the low down." He says, placing the black mug down on the counter next to him. Now that you could see the other side of it, you took note of the small white cat whiskers on the front. The fact that he would choose such a mug did not surprise you in the slightest.

Your voice was weak, shaky. "Well, are you?" You put your hands into your sweatpant pockets, feeling as though you look like a street rat to the man in front of you.

He shakes his head. "I'm not going to talk to you about the dorm rules. I feel like the students will teach you as you stick around here." He states, straightening his posture as he grabs and brings the mug to his lips. You want to speak, but what would you say? "I just wanted to let you know that you are welcome here."

The sound of his voice had shifted, now no longer sounding like an angry teacher. He sounds as though he's a caring father, and the tone actually tugs at your heart. "Why?" You manage to get out, tilting your head.

Aizawa's shoulders rose as he let out a single chuckle. "Why do you think so?" He retorted, taking another sip of his coffee. The mug was lowered, then placed back on the counter. "Now that I know who you are, and the name of your mother, I was able to put some pieces together." He raised a finger and pointed it at you. Though the man had been such an authoritative figure, being in his presence didn't seem to worry you as much as it had moments earlier. His voice wasn't riddled with hate or disgust, but more so warmth. "Again, you're welcome here any time, as long as it's not during school hours."

At that moment, many feelings filled your heart; sadness, loneliness, happiness, regret. It was all so much, and you began to feel a lump in your throat. "Thank you, but..." You trail off, taking a deep breath so as to not burst into tears. "If you know about my past, why would you want me around here? My father-" You start, though stop because of the look on Aizawa's face.

Now, you could tell that hatred was evident in his expression. "That man does not define you, (F/n). I know this is all sudden, and kind of unexpected of you and I, but I know that this group is a good one for you to hang out with. Plus, you have to be about their age, right?"

You nod, looking down while clutching your phone in your pocket. "Yes Sir. I'm actually going to be sixteen soon." You say, your eyes warm as you look to meet the tall man.

He seemed to pause, looking you up and down. As if an idea comes to him, he tilts his head down a little, his mouth slightly covered by his scarf. "How about your quirk?" He asks, causing your eyes to widen.

You walked back into the common room with a smile on your face, happy to announce that Aizawa just wanted to talk to you about the rules of the dorms. "He said that I was welcome here any time, as long as you guys are here." You say to the group. As they reacted, you couldn't help but feel like this was your home, and these people sitting in the room were like your family. It was amazing how something so little could mean so much.

"Well, we don't really have much planned, so why don't we think of party games or something?" Sero suggests, looking around the room as he shrugs his shoulders.

"Yeah, because it would be funny as Hell to play beer pong in the common room." Bakugou said without even looking up from his phone.

Mina, from beside you, jumped and smiled. "Can we?" Her eyes are bright and excited.