Chapter 42

hi so this entire chapter, not only is it quite long, but it has absolutely no benefit to being in the story, i apologize-
_________________________

“Good morning, everyone.” Aizawa says, walking through the 2A door before shutting it swiftly behind himself. The whole class, including you, says good morning back. “Right. This morning I would like to talk to you all about the upcoming sports festival.” He pauses, grabbing a piece of chalk from off the metal wrack. The students in the class look around, raising their eyebrows in confusion.

Iida stands while raising his hand. “Mr. Aizawa, Sir. Isn’t the sports festival normally held right before summer break?” The blue-eyed boy then takes his seat.

The ravenette doesn’t answer right away. He seems to be focused on writing the student’s names down on the chalkboard. “Normally, that’s how it’s been. This year is different.” Next to each of the student’s names, including your own, is a number ranking. “Given the situations that happened last year, the staff and heroes that work here were asked to try and make the festival happen earlier or later in the year. A lot of thought went into it, and we decided on holding it in two weeks.”

As the teacher turns, the class bursts into a surprised fit. “You’re kidding?” Some of the kids ask. “You can’t be serious!” They cry.

Sero scratches the side of his head before looking up at his teacher as the class quiets down. “Wait, so why are we having it earlier in the year and not later? Wouldn’t that be better?” He asks.

Aizawa nodded, knowing that the question was coming. “Having it later in the year is what most of us agreed on. However, faculty and pros alike realized it would be too much of an inconvenience. This way, the faculty here won’t have to do too much rearranging with the school's scheduling and class changes.”

A couple of kids look about the room. Nervously, your eyes meet Shoji’s. He was set vertically to your right just one row ahead of you. Behind his mask was a small smile, though there didn’t seem to be any change in his eyes.

“What about the summer training camp?” Satou asks aloud, raising an eyebrow as he tilts his head.

Some of the students look at their fellow classmate, wondering what would have possessed him to ask the question. However, Aizawa closed his eyes and looked down at the desk. “There will be something similar, but we’ll talk about it when we get there.” He announces.

Your heart felt as though it was going to pop out of your chest. Did they really expect me to participate in the sports festival? Your mind raced with ideas of how that day would go about as Aizawa continued his lecture.

“Anyways. As you can see here, these are your rankings from the quirk apprehension test. I wanted to go over these with you before the end of your first year, though something came up with my schedule and I never got around to it. That, I can admit, is my fault. Because of that, though, I wanted to announce what you all have to work on.” Your heart raced as he pointed to Yaoyorozu’s name. Next to it was “1-5”.  “From the beginning of the year, you dropped from first to fifth. Though, that doesn’t mean anything negative; your score increased greatly from last year.” The black haired girl nodded her head, her eyes shining. “It only means that you’ve been working hard. Something you could work on is your hand-to-eye coordination, along with your response time.”

He points to the next name. “Todoroki, you went from second to third. Once again, your score has increased just as well as everyone else. You’ve come a long way since the beginning of last year. The ability for you to control your fire quirk has gotten much better, so that is a definite improvement. However, I want you to start thinking for yourself.” His eyes meet the heterochromatic ones of the teenager. “It’s very clear that the way you act is by thinking of what others would do. Quick thinking is major when it comes to becoming a hero.”