[After Story - 5]

A Day To Remember

Jonathan,

As much as I appreciate the fact that you found the need to reach out to me, your letter was rather unexpected. To be honest with you, it made me emotional to know that you still care about me and my mother. To think that you could write to me in such a way, saying you don’t expect my forgiveness, after all this time will never cease to baffle me.

Frankly, I wish that I could tell you that I was happy to receive your message, though your letter confused me beyond comprehension. After everything you have done to me and my mother, how could you possibly say that you still care about us? Through the abuse and lies, it will be hard to ever look at you as much of a father, let alone a man. Knowing that you could have changed the outcome of so much in your family’s lives should be something you need to think harder about. As much as I hate wishing pain upon other people, you happen to be one of the very few exceptions. I hope that that prison is treating you as you deserve to be treated.

You are correct, as well; I do not wish to seek your approval of my career choice. Being a hero is something that I have always wanted to become. Even if you would have revealed your true profession to Mother and I, becoming a hero has always been my main goal in life. Who knew it would all start in Japan after running away from the horrors you created for our family in the states? I wish I could reminisce to you about how I was given a chance by UA and their staff, the improvements to my quirk, my current living situation, and my family, but I have no intentions of giving you any information about my life. All you need to know is that this is better than anything you could have ever done for me.

Signed,

Konsuru

---

The large room suddenly fell silent as the towering oak doors slowly creaked open. The faint sound of Yaoyorozu playing the piano was the only thing that could be heard as Mina walked down the aisle with her elbow locked with Fumikage’s. Mina had been your maid of honor, where Tokoyami was Shoji’s best man. The rosy skinned girl wore a tight, pastel blue dress that hung off her shoulders and hugged her hips tightly. Her hair had been done in a curly bun with a raspberry-colored flower protruding from the mass of wavy pink locks. The bird-headed man wore a foggy spruce suit with a dark purple handkerchief and bow tie. It made his build look sharp and handsome, bringing out the red in his eyes and the black of his hair.

As they separated and took their spots at the altar, they looked down to see Hanta walking down with his elbow interlocked with Tsu’s. Her hair had been done similar to Mina’s, but none of her hair was curly and the bun was much neater. The dress was the exact same shade of blue, though it was much looser on her. It waved around her ankles and cuffed at her wrists. Her hair accessory had been a beautiful lime color, and it made her eyes pop. Sero had the same suit his friend did, but it seemed to be out of character for him to wear such a color. Though, his bright pumpkin-colored bow tie and handkerchief made the whole thing look perfect for him as they found their way next to the two that had already been standing by the altar.

Next to emerge from behind the large doors were Mashirao and Toru. The girl’s dress was shorter than the previous and seemed to go out more like a tutu. It had been the same pastel blue, though hers had white streaks in the skirt part, and her legs were covered by mint tights. Her hair accessory was the same color, as well. Ojiro walked with purpose in each step, the same slate suit on his body. His bow was a bright yellow, as was his handkerchief. The two separated at the altar before turning to watch another pair walk out.

Kyoka’s dress had been classical, though it exposed her entire back. It was obvious that she had borrowed it from Momo because of how much she had to tie the strings to keep it from sagging at the chest. The false flower in her hair was a sweet lavender, and seemed to match perfectly with her dark hair. Her sleeve-covered arm was wrapped with a much broader one. It had been Koji’s. The man had towered over the woman at his side, and walked down the aisle with a nervous smile. Next to him, Jirou looked beyond confident, but he seemed to be doubting himself more and more with each step. However, he pressed on. His bow tie was a peach color, matching the cloth in his left breast pocket to the exact hue.