[After Story - 10]

I Promise

"(Y/n), you're being paranoid." Mezo smiles, kissing your cheek softly. "I'll be back Sunday morning, hopefully. If everything goes well, I should be back sooner than that." Your heart pounded hard in your chest as tears brimmed your eyes. He noticed this, the smile quickly leaving his face. Your body was soon wrapped in his warmth as he held you close in a tight embrace. "Oh, Hon, I'm sorry."

Your quiet sniffles made you feel pathetic in his arms. "Don't apologize. This is our job."

A small laugh comes from your husband. "I know. I wish we could have both gone, but you know why I volunteered to go."

Thinking back on the meeting with the committee, you nodded. It was because he could easily be stealthy and become the lookout for the other heroes. If there were victims, his dupli-arms would allow him to hold multiple people at once. Obviously there was much more he'd be able to do with his quirk, but that's what the committee had pointed out. When you had offered your assistance, they had said it was not required. They had a way of entry planned where they wanted to use destructive force. You wouldn't be much help, so you only agreed with the group and watched your husband sign a few papers.

You wiped your tears and nodded. "I know, I know." Your voice was shaky and weak, and you wanted nothing more than to cry into his chest. He was supposed to be leaving in an hour to catch a train, but you didn't want to let him go. "Please, just... For the love of God, be careful." Tears began to fall, hitting the hardwood floor with a near silent tap.

Mezo looked down at you and let you sob into his abdomen. "I'll be as careful as I can be." He presses a soft kiss to the top of your head.

"For fuck's sake, answer!" Katsuki shouts into the mic of his phone while sitting in the ambulance beside his comrade. Shoji laid before him, body covered in blood that may or may not have belonged to him. His coverage was torn, and a special mask was put over his face to keep his breathing steady. The hot-headed blonde was trying to get a hold of you, though you weren't anywhere near your phone.

Eijirou, who had been sitting next to his husband, grabbed onto his arm and sighed. "Calm down. We're in an ambulance, and you're going to disturb Shoji."

The crimson eyes of the growling man stare daggers into his companion's. "Disturb him? He's dying, Ei!" He looked back down at the defeated man laying in front of him.

Things hadn't gone as planned, that much was certain.

When they had attempted to break into the place, there were unseen guards already giving the signal that there were pros in the area. To make a long story short, there had been explosives rigged all around the area, and it only took a few seconds for everything to go south. The group of people that the heroes were trying to capture had already made an escape earlier in the day, so blowing up the place had no consequence to any of the petty villains. Of course, the pros and sidekicks that weren't hurt by any of the explosives were able to capture most of the villains, though there were a few of them that got away.

In the midst of the chaos, Shoji was struck in the side of the head with a sharp rock. It cut his mask and the side of his cheek, making blood drip from his jaw almost instantly. He had a small metal fragment lodged in his right thigh, causing him to cry out in pain and agony. However, he ignored the pain. There were other people in need, and there were other heroes that were more hurt than him.