[After Story - 2]

An Honest Vow • 2/2

[Sexual Content Warning]

“So, where is this fountain?” You ask your lover as he hooks his elbow with yours. A smile covers his face as he bites the inside of his cheek.

His eyes scan about the view of the restaurant, his height giving him an advantage. “It’s at the far end.” He states, seeming to speak to the two boys in front of you as well. Kirishima acknowledges him with a raise of his hand and a smiling nod.

You look about the large space. It seemed to be a dining hall filled with multiple Asian eating establishments. You had seen some places like this in America, but they were no longer good memories. Your father had brought you and your mother out occasionally to upper class eateries and fancy clubs. As a child, you always stayed close to your mother while wearing a little white and (f/c) dress with white stockings and black dress shoes. She had always introduced you to the richer adults and “heroes” they came across in the clubs. Sometimes, you’d have small sit-downs with people in his line of work. You now knew that they were nothing but villains and wretched people, but in the moment, you thought of them as interesting. You rarely got to hear things about your father’s work, and when you did, it always fascinated you.

“Mezo?” You whisper softly, gently tugging at your boyfriend’s sleeve like a child. He looks down to meet your gaze, one of his eyebrows quirked. “I love you.”

The pink that flooded to his face was undeniable, though he brought a hand to his cheeks as if he could rub it off. “I love you, too, (Y/n).”

You smiled. It wasn’t rare for him to be shy when showing affection. In fact, you appreciated it. When he showed you any amount of love, you knew it was genuine. That’s what made him Mezo Shoji. Your mind wandered with ideas of how long this man was to be in your life, or how many years it would take before you finally walk down the aisle with him? Who would walk you down the aisle? Surely not your father, so who?

You were suddenly brought out of your thoughts by the sound of water splashing. When you looked around yourself, you saw the most beautiful fountain in front of you. It had a large marble rail so people could sit and look into the large space. It measured from one side of the dining hall to the other, the middle piece having to be at least a story high. It poured water from dragon-like serpent creatures carved from marble and polished granite that snaked up the sides of the center. The LED lights in the water were a mix of yellow, orange, and red, sometimes flicking to a dark purple. The water was crystal clear, and there were even some American currency coins in the bottom of it despite there being signs that ask people very kindly not to throw currency of any kind into the water.

Shoji rested his hands on your shoulders softly while standing behind you. “Isn’t it beautiful?” He asks in a soft whisper. All you can do is nod and smile, admiring the beauty of the fountain. From your peripherals, you could see that Kirishima was in awe as well. “(Y/n), I really do love you.” You hear him start, causing you to smile to yourself. You knew what was about to happen. He had a tendency to ramble on about how much he loved you sometimes, and this was just another one of those moments. “When I met you as a first year, I thought that you’d just be someone I fell in love with and nothing more. Though, I’m so very grateful that the first woman I’ve ever loved is the only one.” He released his grip on your shoulders, and you could hear his footsteps backing away. Your heart began to pound to an intensity at which you could hear it in your ears, though you couldn’t put a finger on why. Shoji cleared his throat from behind you, causing you to turn. Expecting to see your boyfriend towering over you, your eyes soon fell to see him on a knee.