Chapter 7: I'm Edging You

A/N: This is gonna be a short chapter and the updates might be slow, just a warning in advance. I wanna focus more on Los Carnales for a while as I've produced two full books of this series already and need to give attention to other works. Sit tight.

***

March 10th, 2032
Sunday, 8:17am - Cabello-Jauregui Estate, Pinecrest, Miami

'What the hell did I do? Never been the type to let someone see right through. Maybe won't you take it back, say you were tryna make me laugh? And nothing has to change today. You didn't mean to say I love you.'

The curve of her back, the dent down her spine, the heart shaped birthmark, the blemishes, the smooth consistency of her skin, the softness and warmth that radiated onto the tip of Lauren's fingertips while she caressed her sleeping wife's body. Lauren propped herself up with her palm supporting her head and the messy waves of her dark hair cascading down her own bare back. The sunlight coming in through the curtains in their bedroom hit parts of her eyes, giving the chartreuse tone some vibrance to them. Lauren felt a whirlwind of emotions that both confused and calmed her. It mostly ached but that was okay; she got used to the pain.

Camila was worn out from how Lauren devoured and ravished her body for hours on end. She had only fallen asleep four hours ago. Lauren, on the other hand, only got in two hours of sleep. The CEO had been up at the crack of dawn going back in time and reminiscing about the good parts of the past, including the bad parts that felt like they were a lot better than what she faced nowadays. Having sex with her wife felt amazing but not so much like before. After they finished making love, all Lauren was greeted with was fear and remorse for doing the deed. She didn't share it with Camila because she didn't want to scare or hurt her.

In this very moment, Camila was nothing but beautiful to her. Lauren wanted to worship her body in a new way; to cleanse her very own hands and wash away the corruption so they could be good as new for the younger brunette. The ones she currently had were tainted and covered in flaws and sin. And as Lauren dipped down and pressed little delicate kisses along her back, she felt a new emotion coming back to her—one she's struggled to vocalise and feel consistently.

'I love you...and I don't want to.'

Lauren kept her eyes closed and nuzzled her nose against Camila's hair in the crook of her neck. On and off was a battle of 'should I stay or should I leave her here' inside her head. Softly, she sighed and squeezed Camila's body against her own to show how much she wanted to stay.

'I can't escape the way I love you...'

'I don't want to but I love you.'

"Nnggh," Camila groaned and turned her body, curling up against Lauren's side. She threw her arm over Lauren's chest—now it was her turn to bury her face in the curve of Lauren's neck. Her eyes were still closed but she was awake. More than that, she realised Lauren was here and couldn't be more happier. Camila smiled, taking in the presence of her wife who still ran her fingertips up and down her back. "Buenos dias, mi amor."

"Did I wake you?" Lauren cooed, pressing a light kiss to Camila's forehead. She admired the shape of her prominent nose, how pointy it looked from where she saw it, the curve and fullness of Camila's pink lips. Man, was she stunning in the mornings.

"Did you want to wake me?"

"No. I want you to get some rest since...you know..."

Camila smiled, raising her brows, but she still hasn't revealed her eyes to Lauren yet. "Boyy, do I know. I think I'm still coming down."

"Me too," Lauren dropped her hand and stared up at the ceiling.

Groggily, Camila finally opened her eyes and lifted her head. She kissed under Lauren's jawline and found her way to her ear, whispering softly, "Can I kiss you?"