Chapter 17: Masquerade Ball

A/N: Play "Three Wishes" by The Pierces later on in this chapter during a very suspenseful scene. Since it is a ballroom dance, it's highly recommended so you get the full experience. This chapter is a MESS but it'll make more sense in the upcoming chapters.

***

April 11th, 2032
Friday, 7:45am - Cabello-Jauregui Estate, Pinecrest, Miami FL

'Reason 22: You were and still are my biggest cheerleader. On and off the field in high school, you were my cheerleader always. When I needed cheering on the most, you were there and you kept my spirits raised higher than my middle finger. When I didn't deserve it, you still showed up - even long after you put down the pom poms. Having that is priceless, babe. Absolutely, one hundred percent priceless. I love you because you're my biggest fan and number one supporter through and through. What on Earth would I do without you?

Not only do I love the support, but I really love you in uniform. Why'd you have to go on and lose it? Do you have any idea how much I miss you wearing maroon and gold or how many times a day I daydream about that Arcadia Raiders skirt and crop top clinging to that banging body of yours? All the tricks and flips and splits—holy fuck, the splits. Damn. You have no idea what you do to me. We should roleplay as cheer captain and captain of the soccer team soon. Let's get lost in the fantasy we once lived.

Reminders: 1) The first half of Catalina's birthday party will take place in the school classroom, so we really need to coordinate on that and talk with her teacher. The second half will take place at your dad's house because your family never knows how to act in mine. Plus, your house feels better...more familial than an overpriced mansion does. 2) I know taking the private jet is bad for the environment and I promised I wouldn't take it anymore, but we're gonna have to today because flying with other people is too much right now. 3) You're my pretty baby. I'm still not finished falling in love with you.

A song that made me think of you recently: Say Ok - Vanessa Hudgens (but it only made me think of you because it feels like you'd sing it to me)

'With all my love, yours'

Camila turned her head, wearing a tired but radiant smile, and found that her wife was fast asleep; Lauren must have written the letter when she woke up in the middle of the night like she always does. In between them was Catalina clinging to Blaire who nested up to Lauren, and they both slept blissfully with Lauren's arm secured protectively over their little bodies. Camila pouted, feeling kind of left out. But she wouldn't trade the sight of her wife cuddling their kids for anything in the world. Careful not to wake them up, Camila was mindful of the way she rolled out of bed and worried that the way the mattress dipped would wake her girls. Blaire flinched and whimpered but that was all. Camila lightly tip toed in her UGG slides and tightened her robe as she walked into the bathroom to take care of her hygiene.

After finishing washing her face and using the toilet, Camila wandered downstairs and sluggishly dragged her feet into the kitchen to get started on making breakfast for everyone. While she beat eggs with a fork in a bowl, she listened to all of her voicemails and proceeded to check her messages as she fried the scrambled eggs. Most of her messages were from colleagues and her patients scheduling and clarifying appointments. Thankfully no one had a crisis or demanded to see her as soon as possible on a short notice with the promise of high pay for her time—that happened more often than Camila liked. There was a lot of talk and speculation regarding her appearance with Lauren at tonight's charitable masquerade ball. Selena was going to be there, Nate was still pending, and Madison was going with María as her date.

According to Lauren's PR team Chris set up for her, they were supposed to play it cool and refrain from acting out. Camila wasn't going to play that. Selena's presence alone made her want to gauge her eyes out, and if the woman were to provoke Camila in any way then she'd beat her ass in front of the cameras without question. A fight would make the scandal look worse and help the story that Lauren cheated look more real though; Lauren warned Camila to be on her best behaviour or else. Then again...since when has she ever listen to any of Lauren's threats?