Chapter 30: Let It Be

A/N: Just like last chapter, this is both dark and light. A lot of Carinas are popping up and I'm giving y'all a lil sum for now. Hope you enjoy.

Two songs are recommended to listen to but not necessary. The first is Wading by Jhene Aiko, the last is Accidents by Haux.

***

May 18th, 2032
Monday, 5:10pm - Miami, FL

'

Should I be wading?

Should I be wading for you?

Don't keep me waiting

I will turn blue.

'

It was just her in the studio, her and the music, the very slow blinking of white lights installed for a dancer's effects. The music echoed, bouncing off the walls and blocking out any sound - her foosteps and shallow breathing included. The raw, calm passion and delicacy in the woman's voice matched Camila's body movements in front of the studio's expansive mirror. There sat a wooden chair she used to hoist herself up, sensually stretch her legs one by one in front of it, her head tilted back and rolling, eyes closed. She flipped over and whipped her long hair, facing down as she positioned herself higher and gripped the sides of the chair, arching her back and bending her knee. Camila opened her eyes and parted ways with the chair as if she was still seducing it.

The hypnotic snaps and claps going around the room manipulated her body to flow with it and hit every beat. Camila improvised, incorporating hip-hop into her contemporary piece. She touched her body and pretended someone was doing it for her...at first...until she learned to appreciate the way she felt and got carried away with such reward. She threw her hands over her head, arched her body and fell back into the form a bridge, rolling across the floor like that until the third beat. The brunette dropped to the wooden floor and lied dramatically, working out more floor choreo that felt natural and sexy to her. Honest.

'All of the wading, all I was, wading, wading for you. I have been waiting, I will be waiting 'til I turn blue.'

She leaped across the floor, twirled on her toes, reached for the sky and continued bending her body in all sorts of ways, swinging her leg around, drawing intricate designs in the air with mastery. Every step she took—flawed or perfect—and every glimpse of her changing facial expression in the mirror powered her to elevate herself mentally and spiritually; the more she got into it, the farther she was from restraint and insecurity. Farther away from the far end of the pain scale that didn't feel so good to endure.

As the song progressed and the heavy beat became louder, the rhythm paced faster, Camila transitioned into this fierce, confident woman she felt distant from as of late. She focused on her reflection and strutted toward it, taking in the sight of her messy state. She whirled her hips, flicked her wrists with sass, ran and leaped in any direction, always landing on her feet the way she should even when she thought for a split second that she wouldn't make it. Camila remembered to trust herself a lot better this way. The Latina expressed her anger and sadness through motions that pushed her body to its limits, but also expressed love and waves of desperation.

'I will be wading, I will be wading for you. I will be waiting, I will be waiting
'til I turn blue, 'til I turn blue, 'til I turn blue, 'til I turn blue, 'til I turn blue, 'til I turn blue, 'til I turn blue, 'til I turn blue,
'til I turn blue, 'til I turn blue, 'til I turn blue...'

A smile flashed across her face as she naturally flowed into a series of moves learnt from ballet classes when she was younger—genuinely surprised that it wasn't as hard as she last remembered. How graceful she made her jumps and splits in mid-air look. The complexity of her pirouettes; controlled yet free and seamless as she switched from one foot to using two, spinning round and round in one place, her posture and arm placements prim.