Chapter 1 | The Lost Maiden Warrior (e)

"TIME PASSES. EVEN WHEN IT SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me."
- New Moon(Twilight #2), Stephenie Meyer

Someone once told me, "Wherever there is good, there will be evil

Someone once told me, "Wherever there is good, there will be evil."

The moon's rays hugged the dark night in the warm embrace of a secret lover's familiarity. Its radiance wove itself through the canopy of trees, streaming dimly on my face. The sky clear of any hovering rainclouds. Stars danced meticulously across the peripheral breathlessly.

My wolf whined inside me yearning to be let out. Although the desperation was overwhelming, I could not imagine letting her out. There was too much mundane hubbub to be careless.

The faint noise of rock music blasting acknowledged my ears. My nostrils picked up the scents of booze and puke. Gross. A typical party Tessa usually drags me to.

The tree bark against my back got slightly uncomfortable as I pulled my knees up closer hugging them. The damp grass crunched under me as I dragged my boots over it. The pale moon light streaked across, leaving its shadows upon my skin, baring my dark soul out. 

In the werewolf world, your happiness depended on particular things that make the earth revolve. It depended on how strong your wolf is. It depended on your lineage. Above all, it depended on the bond your shared with you mate.

Mate. More specifically soulmate.

I was no hinderance to the Moon Goddess's non partiality, thus, indeed being blessed with a mate.

Him.

One's mate was supposedly, the love of their life, soul of their spirit, last ounce of air for their lungs, beating of their heart and all the romantic cliches rolled in one.

But the catch?

You only get paired once. Once rejected you ain't got a second chance, if the rejection is, of course, accepted by your mate.

I had seen him, heard of him, but never talked to him apart from the rejection. Funny enough, considering that he was supposedly the love of my life.Soul mates were each wolves' dream come true. A pairing made by the Moon Goddess herself.

Could you lose someone you never had?

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the question of my life.

I was from the Silverette pack. My father was Alpha Adrian Archer and my mother was Luna Megan Archer. And I am Blythe Archer. Well, par with my pack's name, our clan was the Silverette clan. The Silverette lineage, was said to be specially blessed by the Moon Goddess to be the protectors of our kind. This factor of ours heightened our senses even more. All our she-wolves were silver in colour. The other packs considered us blessed.