Chapter 15 | Heat Had Begun

"Fire lived within his kiss,
he had a way of melting every part of me."
-Christy Ann Martine

**********

**********

     The after party was in full swing. The food table was overflowing with mouthwatering delicacies and drinks were being served. Both alcoholic and not. Besides, alcohol doesn't affect a werewolf's brain as much as it does to a human. Silver poison does. It was an alcoholic drink that made werewolves high.

    Pups and children were at their own arena, with people to watch over them. Many people stop by and talk to me, congratulating me. Rick excused himself to meet the elders. I see Mia in an off-shoulder, short, white frock as I walk around sipping my champagne. She waves at me and comes over. "Luna," she bows. I smile at her and placed my arms on her shoulders raising her up. She gives me a cheery smile and said, "I'm sorry I never got a chance to formally introduce myself to you amidst all this drama. By the way, I'm Mia. Mia Allard."

    "Yeah, I got to know. Oh, and I'm Blythe Archer," I reply back with a wink. She grins back at me, "Of course, I knew that." We chit chat as Kay joins us with a very grumpy Kendra beside her. Kay was in a flowing white crop top, a floral skater skirt and sandals while Kendra was in a silver sequined tight top, white ripped jeans and silver stilettos. It was customary to wear white or silver to a pack's acceptation ceremonies.

    With her arm looped through Chris', Adele joins us, her curves prominent in a plain white body con dress, as Mia leaves to find her friends. "Hey, people! Enjoying the party," Chris asks grinning, not completely wasted, but still high.

    "Totally rocking it," Kay screams over the music that had begun to blast through the speakers while I just smile back. Kendra rolls her eyes, mumbling whatever and turns to leave. What's bothering her? I really need to know.

    "Hey baby, didn't see you there," Chris says as he grabs Kendra's wrist. She turns back, shooting daggers at him, "Leave me alone, Chris. Let. Me. Go." She hisses. Letting go of Adele, who kept smiling at the two, he put his arms around Kendra's waist. My eyes probably widen at his reaction.

    "Aww... No baby not like that, come on give me a little kiss," he says pouting cutely. I frown in confusion as both Kay and Adele grin. What was happening? Was he trying to woo her? "Let me go, Chris-" before she finish her sentence, he presses his lips on hers. If my eyes widened at this, they widened even more at Kendra's reaction, who tugs him closer and deepens the kiss as a slight blush creeps onto her face.

    As I blatantly stare at them, pulling me out of my trance, and chuckling at my reaction, both Kay and Adele, pull me to the dance floor. Kay screams into my ear, "Isn't love grand?" Settling in a spot on the dance floor, I shake my head to get rid of confusions as I look over shoulder at the now cuddling couple. Chuckling once again, Kay pulls me closer and yells in my ears, over the music, "They're mates!"