Chapter 20 | My Everything

"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth,
the feeling of her skin seemed to have got inside him, or into the air all around him. She had become a physical necessity."
-1984, George Orwell

*********

*******

Parking my SUV in the garage, I get out and open Blythe's door. Swaddled amidst the seat belt, she looks trapped in a tranquil moment of calmness. Reaching over her I remove the seatbelt. Careful not to wake her up, I slip my arms beneath her and cradle her in bridal style. Unconsciously she nestles closer to me. Securing her in my arms, I hug her tighter.

Walking in to our room, I lay her down on the bed. She has been sleeping with me since the acceptation ceremony, because she gets a break from her nightmares. Kneeling beside the bed I pull her sandals off, plopping it in her closet. Grabbing one of my T-shirts and a pair of sweatpants for me, I exit my closet.

Unbuttoning her shirt, I slip my T-shirt on her and remove her denim pants off. Discarding them into the laundry basket I cover the comforter over her, she jostles a bit and a loose tendril falls over her flawless face.

Tucking that traitor strand behind her ear, I gaze at her. Watching her sleep has always been a novelty for me.

Her dark eyelashes, delicately still over her flawless cheeks. Her eyebrows thickly carved as if of charcoal. Her plump, punch-coloured lips. Her deep brown hair with golden highlights framing her perfectly delicate face. I stand back, popping my neck. Narrow waist, perfect curves, and luscious lips and long toned legs. She is an Aphrodite all by herself.

Her chest heaving up and down in her sleep. She seemed liked an angel. Locked in a blissful trance. No trace of the feistiest woman I've ever met.

I briefly press my lips to her forehead. Her lingering scent, an addiction.

Blythe's phone vibrates from her pocket and I shuffle around softly, trying to take it out. She murmurs something unintelligible and turns in her sleep. Nearing the window seat, I answer the call after checking the caller ID.

"Blythe!"

"Um- Aaron, this is Maverick. She's asleep right now. Do you want me to wake her or something?" I ask awkwardly. Something about that guy never feels alright.

"No, no. Don't wake her. Just pass the message that Adele had her food and is going to be sedated. Okay?" He replies.

"Yeah, sure. I'll let her as soon she wakes," I promise and cancel the call.

Suddenly a tiredness overcomes and I strip down, slipping on the pair of sweatpants. It's been a long night after all. After Adele had slit her wrists and almost died. Her heartbeat had stopped due to excess bleeding. The medics had revived her heartbeat while Blythe had used her powers to stable her condition.

Using the powers had worn her out. Her eyes were all droopy and drowsy. All the others left home including Jake and Chris, but Blythe had insisted that we stay. When Adele woke up it was past midnight.

We had checked on her and the duo had reconciled. Aaron had just said "No!" because usually warlocks don't have mates. He didn't expect himself too. We left soon after Blythe made Aaron promise to update her when Adele was going to be sedated, to ensure that she doesn't stay up too late.

My sweet mate barely made it to the car without my support and fell asleep within seconds.

I slip into the covers next to her. Completely comatose, she lies on her side, her back facing my front. Wrapping my arm around her waist, pulling her to me I place a soft kiss in her hair. How did I end up getting so lucky? She is a blessing to me. She is my most valuable possession, treasure, desire. My everything.

With that thought in my mind and before I know it, I fall into a deep, dreamless slumber.

**********

Hi guys,
Hope y'all liked the chapter...

Please Vote, Comment and Share if you liked it... Mwah...

- Vishael ✌️