Chapter 14 | Mine

"When she looked at him a hundred thoughts ran through her head,
but the only thing she could manage to do was smile."
-Emma Blake

**********

*********

I walk out of the building completely flustered. That went pretty well for my fortune.

Forty minutes earlier...

    The lady dressed in a dark blue office suit took her seat all prim and formal across me. The man next to her was Elder North. Both Jake and Rick are present. A vacant seat next to Jake notifies Chris' absence.

    We all wait for about ten never ending minutes for Chris, I guess.

    Rick asks Kathy, the other woman to begin the phase. She nods and begins to talk- "Oops guys, I'm here. Miss me?"

    Chris stands by the door grinning nervously.

    Rick fixed him with a pointed glare to which Chris remained unaffected.

    "Sorry men I missed the bus." He says with a shrug. "You have your car, Chris," mumbled Jake.

    "Oh yeah, right... My bathroom broke," he tries again. Both Rick and Jake turn to glare at him. "Alright alright people, I've officially run out of excuses. I'm sorry," he says surrendering with both his hands in a flourishing shrug.

    Now not only Jake and Rick but also the Kathy and elder North glare at him while I try to mask my snort by a cough. Elder North sighs in frustration and says, "Mr. Davis, please take your seat, we're running out of time."

    Chris shrugs once again and seats himself down.

    Clearing her throat, Kathy begins to speak. "Ms. Archer, are you ready for this? Please be aware that this session is being recorded for future references and to compile your personal file. But also remember this will be completely confidential unless of utter importance to be revealed."

    I nod back confidently with a, "Yes, ma'am." Beaming at me, she asks, "You're full name, Ms. Archer?"

    "Blythe Reyna Archer."

    "Your age in lunar years?" "Twenty."

    Then Elder North asks the most awaited question, I guess, "Your previous pack, Ms. Archer?"

    "The Silverette Pack" I hear a very feminine gasp and am met with several widened eyes. "What was your ranking in your previous pack, Miss?"

    With my chin up, I say, "Kin of Alpha."

    Once again I'm met with raised eyebrows and widened eyes.

    "Your parents or guardians? And what pack do/did they belong to?" "My parents are not alive, my guardians are Mr. Theodore Norwell and Mrs. Vanessa Norwell, while the latter is mundane and the other bears a dormant wolf. Theodore belonged to the Silverette pack but later moved into the mortal world as a decision regarding his personal reasons."