Chapter 18 | It's Too Late

Warning: Triggering content ahead. Includes suicidal thoughts and self harm acts. Please do not read if you are easily triggered.

**********

"It is better to burn out than fade away."
-Kurt Cobain

**********

**********

All of them were here. I mean I knew Blythe's brother and best friend were arriving today. But I never knew, I would sashay in like a spoilt snob right in front of them. All I wanted to do was, dig myself a hole and crawl in. My eyes swiftly roam over the people in the room.

A grinning Chris, a confused Rick, a stunned Blythe, a smirking Kendra, an awkwardly but warmly smiling girl (must be Blythe's friend), a smirking Jake, and a complete hunk of a hot man.

We lock gazes and I swear I almost die.

Styled auburn brown hair, warm chocolate brown eyes, light crimson parted full lips and a perfect tan. It was a living gift from heaven and it was mine. It was him. Him.

My mate.

He takes two steps back with a whisper and my heart crushes at the word. "No."

Tears form in my eyes, blurring my eyesight. Did I wait all my life for just this
rejection? Why does this happen to me all the time? I had never been the emotional one. Yet here I was, trying to swallow the lump in my throat, keep my tears in check and walk away. But I couldn't. How could you stop your tears? I never knew how.

The lump in my throat grows bigger, my breathing shorter, my eyes burn hotter, and the weight on my chest heavier.

I couldn't take it anymore. My knees buckle up and darkness engulfs me as I hear a few 'Adele's' and a louder, sharper, "No."

Dwindling down weakly, my head touches the ground. My eyes close with a last thought in my mind.

I'm nothing. I was always nothing.

Therefore I'm alone. Again.

**

What is the worst pain one could feel in the whole world?

Hint: It won't be physical.

It's the pain of emptiness. Loneliness. Rejection.

All my life I waited for this one thing. Just to see it appear before me and vanish
away. No one knows the pain of another. Everyone is struggling. It's just that some of us hide it better than the others. I know when I wake up, I'll face his rejection. The proper one. The complete one.

Crap, I don't even know his name and he's going to break my heart. Further. If it's possible anymore.

I push my slightly heavy eyelids out of my way as my blurry eyesight crystallizes. Lavish settings of a royal guest room meets my eyes. As I try to sit up, the bed sheets crunch at my movement. Being a professional doctor, I know the value of life. Suicide had never been my forte. But why do I feel like I'm not worthy of breathing anymore?

I know that if I execute my thoughts, people will judge me. Trust me, even if you had been the perfect angel on earth, helping people out, being with them, supporting, they will judge you as soon as they get a chance.

They don't know what I went through or what I'm going through. Money and fame is never enough for a living. You need happiness and most importantly love. What if you're deserted by people again and again, to a point where that you are sure that you need an escape?

But you keep holding on, waiting for your Prince Charming to wake you up with a kiss?
I think it would have been better if I had never seen him, rather than just meeting him to get rejected.

People will judge me that I'm ending my life just for a guy. But do they know the pain of rejection?

Once he properly rejects, and I accept it, both of our days will be numbered. If I don't accept, that's a different story. Anyways it takes a lot of effort to not accept. I never knew how Rick kept from not accepting Bly's rejection. Maybe cause he's an Alpha. I'm sure I can't.

    It'll be best to end my life.

     Maybe he will feel disappointed that he couldn't reject me properly. My mate. That's fine he'll get over it. Yes, this is the best decision. I know I have to do this. I will.

     Slipping down my legs, I steal silently across the room. My legs a blur across the
soft carpet. The colour of it, reminds me of eyes. His eyes. His chocolate brown eyes.     

        Above the mahogany drawing cabinet, a cane fruits basket sits, beside it a sharp
knife glints in all its glory.

        My fingers tighten around the wooden handle of the knife as the blade touches
my forearm. I'll live for ninety more seconds precisely, after the cut. Right on my wrist, I position the blade, perpendicular to my radial artery.

       Taking a deep breath, I slit my wrist, and the blood oozes out of my deep cut. I close my eyes, as my pain numbs out.

      Eighty five seconds more. This is it.

          Momma, Papa.... I'm coming to you. I've had enough of this mortal world. I'm sorry papa, I haven't been your strong Adele. That Adele had been lost a long time ago. This broken one, right here, I've been trying to chase her out but she just keeps coming back. Your daughter has failed you. I'm sorry.

        Forty seconds more.

        Mom, I'm finally going to see you in person. Never saw you except in photos. You left me, right when I was born remember? I'm now coming mom.

        Thirty seconds more.

       I hear footsteps behind me, but don't have the energy to open my eyes. "No!" I hear, who was that? Blythe? Rick?

        Steady arms slip around me. "Adele, Adele," a voice coos at my ears. I don't know why but it soothes me. My ravaged heart and my twisted soul.

      A tinge of jasmine and coconut scents invade my senses.

       The encircled arms lift me off ground. And within a fraction of a second, warmth floods into my chilled blood as steady arms support me to settle down on the bed.

       Fifteen seconds more.

      The glorious face of my mate comes into view. He keeps telling something. I can see his lips moving, but can't hear anything apart from the ringing in my ears. Someone grabs my wrist, trying to stop the bleeding.

     It's not possible, whoever-you-are.

      Straining harder I listen to my mate. "The medics are on their way. Keep holding. Don't leave me, Adele..." He pleads.

      Tears flow down effortlessly now that there's nothing more to hold back. Why couldn't you tell this earlier?

       Why did I do this? Why did you do that? Why? Why? Why?

      Inching back I capture his face into my memory and pushing all my energy, I manage to let out a whisper.

      "It's too late."

       And my eyes close into perpetual darkness.

***********

Hi guys,
Hope y'all liked the chapter...

I know it's a short chapter but I'll update soon.

Please Vote, Comment and Share if you liked it... Mwah...

- Vishael ✌️