Chapter 1: Again

"Elvira! I'm going on another flight trip. Be back in a week!" My mother yelled up the stairs. I tossed it in my bed. It was the first day of summer and I was stuck in this house all alone. Where's my dad? Well, he's a drunk and isn't involved in my life anymore. I listened to the car start and pull out of the driveway. I sat up in bed and threw my legs over the side. Then, slipped into my robe and walked downstairs. It was still dark. I looked at the grandfather clock and read the time—five thirty-seven a.m. I looked at the kitchen table and saw an envelope with a note.

Elvira Mae, I love you, and be safe. Here's some money for the week. See you next Monday. - Mom

I looked in the envelope and saw five hundred dollars—less than usual. I grabbed the money and put it into the pocket of my robe. I walked over to the refrigerator and looked inside. Nothing. I guess I'll have to take a trip to the grocery store.

***

I slowly pulled out of the driveway. It was seven o'clock. Still somewhat dark. But it's always dark in Autumn Hills. Where's Autumn Hills you ask? It's a small town in North Dakota, with about eight hundred people. I like it here, I guess. It's home. Although, I don't live in a very homey place. Being that my mother is always gone I'm usually home alone. Which I'm okay with, but I still miss her.

I turned on the headlights and cruised down the road. I took the back road, trying to avoid all possible traffic that might be out. I came to a stop when it was getting foggy. I could barely see as I drove through it, hoping I could stay in the lines. Then I hit something. My car swerved to the other side of the road. The shock scared me. My arms were now shaking and I didn't even realize I hit my head. I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the vehicle. I slowly walked over to the figure on the ground. It wasn't an animal. It was... A human.

"Hey! Are you okay? Can you-"

"Why, thanks for stopping." He said. His accent was thick. A British accent to be exact. He stood up without any trouble. I felt some relief that there was nothing wrong.

"You're okay?" I asked, relieved.

"I am. I'm fine and also very hungry." He said. His expression changed from kind to dark. His eyes turned a blood-red color, and his veins popped out. I got up and ran back towards my car, screaming and scared. He darted towards me, and I fell to the ground.

"Who are you?" I cried.

"Kol, Kol Mikaelson. A pleasure to meet you. Now let's have a taste." He said licking his lips. Then bit into my neck.

*****

Pretty please comment & vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥