Chapter 10: Surprise

I was beginning to think this was the end. It has only been a few hours, but no one has come looking for me. "You know, the Mikaelsons are not very popular in town. So why are you running around with the crazy, psycho one?" Damon asked. "We're friends." I said proudly. "Why?" He asked. "We just are." I answered. Come to think of it, I don't know why Kol and I are friends. All I know is that I am drawn to him. I can't stay away. "Okay. Let's just get this over with. Why are you hanging around with Kol Mikaelson?" I didn't respond and I let out a scream. Then the door busted open to reveal Kol, seeing Damon press a knife into my skin. Damon had me tied up to the chair. When Damon saw Kol, he quickly vampire speeded away. "Coward." Kol spat. He rushed to my side, giving me his blood. "Hush Darling, it's alright now. I'm here." He whispered, assuring me. I nodded and Kol untied me. He lifted me up and took me back home.

"Elvira!" My mother screamed as she seen me. I nodded a thank you to Kol and hugged her. "I thought you were gone. Where did you find her?" She asked Kol, who was standing a little too close to me. "Lisa sit down." Kol said. I stayed back with Kol while my mother went into the living room. "You have to tell her," Kol said. I shook my head furiously. "No, she doesn't need to know." I fought. "What? That I'm a vampire or you were kidnapped by one?" He asked whispering. "Both. She won't believe us anyways." I argued. "Just let me handle this." He said, joining my mother on the sofa. "So Lisa, do you believe in vampires?" Kol asked, getting comfortable on the sofa. My mom let out a chuckle, "Vampires?" I sighed, "Here we go." Kol laughed along with her, "Yes vampires." She shook her head, "I never really thought they existed; just a mere fairy tale." My mom was starting to stutter. "Well then..." Kol darted up and charged at my mother. "Kol!" I yelled. "Oh my god!" I rushed over to Kol and pushed him away from her. His eyes were bloodshot and the veins were sticking out. "Stop it! You can't so that to her!" My mother pulled me away from him. "Elvira he's crazy!" I shook my head, "no he's not. I know it may sound crazy, but Kol is a vampire, an Original to be exact." After two long hours of explaining to my mother what Kol was and what he can do, she began to accept the idea. "You won't hurt her again, will you?" She asked, referring to how he bit me twice. "Wouldn't dream of it." He smirked.

My mother finally went to bed. She trusted Kol with her life and she trusted him with mine. "I'm sorry about what happen today. It should have never happened, but who invited him in?" Kol asked, jumping up on the kitchen counter to take a seat. "I've never met him before. Unless he compelled my mom to invite him in." I guessed. "No, it was someone else. I compelled her to tell me who it was and she had no memory of him." "Hmm, that's strange. Do you have any idea who it is?" I asked making some cappuccino. "Only one way to find out. Tomorrow I'm going to look at who owned the property and who else is on the house lease other than you and Lisa. But I promise you, I will keep you safe and it won't ever happen again." Kol tried to comfort me. I wanted to believe him, but with someone that we don't know lurking around that could be a potential threat to me, and my mother I'm not sure if I can ever be safe. "Come on, you've had a long day." Kol said leading me up to my room. I pulled the blankets over me kept my nightlight on. "Kol can you lock the window?" I asked. "Already is; you're safe." He assured me. "Yeah at least for now." I mumbled, thinking he wouldn't hear me, but forgot he had super hearing. "I give you my word Elvira." I nodded at Kol's words. "Get some sleep. I'll see you in the morning." He leaned over and kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes when his lips touched me. "Sleep well." I opened my eyes and he was gone.

Weeks went by and there were no signs of a threat. Kol visited every day to make sure I was okay, which I usually was. "Ready to go?" Kol asked. Today I was going to meet his siblings, all of them. Or the ones that are still alive. I pulled my boot up and zipped it. Kol was leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed.

We walked across the patch of grass that was separating our homes. "Just to warn you, Rebekah can be...complicated." I nodded. I was a little scared being in a house full of Original vampires, but who wouldn't be? We reached the steps that led up to the house. I took a deep breath and walked behind Kol. I was hoping deep down, that his siblings would bail on him and I wouldn't have to meet them. Especially Niklaus, because he's the one that compelled me. So, I'm not very fond of him, although I barely remember him. Kol opened the door, and it was seemingly quiet for a house that has four different people living there. "Klaus!" Kol yelled, walking around a corner in search of his brother. "Hello again." I turned around and Klaus was behind me, smirking, with his hands behind his back. "Kol!" I yelled awkwardly. "I found him!" Kol was soon by my side. "Klaus. Where is our dear sister Rebekah?" "Right here brother." A voice said from behind me. What's up with people being behind me today? Rebekah had long sleek blonde hair and she walked down the steps to meet with her other two brothers. "Elijah is still missing. He's at the Salvatore's I assume." Rebekah said. "Salvatore?" I asked. "And who is this?" She asked. "This is Elvira." Kol answered. "She is here to meet you." Kol said. Rebekah nodded at Kol's explanation. "I'm Rebekah, I assume you'll be around here often?" "Yes." Kol said. The front door opened and another man walked in. "Elijah, pleasure you join us today." Elijah smiled. "Yes, I'd say it is. Who is this?" Elijah asked, pointing to me as he took off his suit jacket. "Elvira." Kol said. I was between Kol and Rebekah and behind Klaus. "Elvira? As in Elvira Riley?" He asked. "Yes brother why?" Kol spoke up. Elijah sighed and shook his head. "Well, just so you know. Someone is coming for you." I froze, and looked up at Kol. Someone was coming for me, and the only person who knew was Elijah. "Tell me everything."