Chapter 14: Together

MAY BE TRIGGERING!
Note: I do not promote self harm.

Elvira's wrist was blood red. Kol ran to her side grabbing a towel. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" He asked angrily. He wasn't mad, but confused. "I...I just..." She couldn't find the right words to say at a moment like this. One filled with such regret and sorrow. One with bitterness and shame. "Is this what you're doing?" He asked grabbing the object that she hurt herself with out of her hands. Elvira nodded. She couldn't use an excuse, she was caught in the act of doing so. It would be pretty hard explaining what happened to Elijah and Klaus, even Rebekah, although they were at odds right now. "It isn't helping," Kol started. "This," he pointed to her wounds, "is never the answer. You should've come to me, love. I could've helped you." Elvira shook her head no. "You couldn't have. This was something I needed to cope with in my own." She whispers. "Compulsion?" Kol offered, but she quickly refused. "Not that. Anything but that." She said as Kol pressed the towel closer to her bleeding wrist. "It kills me...to see you like this. Weak and afraid. You're strong enough to fight this and get through it. I just don't understand why you didn't." He said mumbling the last part. "I'm tired of fighting. I'm tired of feeling. I just can't take the pain anymore." She answered, letting a few tears trickle down her cheeks and onto the cold, linoleum floor. "And adding more pain will help? This is basically suicide. You already attempted once, but now twice. I don't think I could handle a third." He removed the towel, grabbing another one. As the fresh blood started pouring out, Kol's eyes darkened and his veins were exposed. Elvis quickly scooted away from him. Her back hitting the bathtub. "I'm sorry love. I won't hurt you." He said. Kol wasn't sure if he trusted himself. She was so...delicious. He forced his hunger away and focused on something else, something he never contemplated before. His feelings for her. How her smile brought out the best in him. Her structured jawline. The way her body was shaped, and the curves that came with it. How porcelain her skin was. It was everything about her that made him question his emotions. She was looking at him fearfully, like she really thought he would bite her...again. Elvira slowly moved back towards Kol, crawling into his lap. Her uninjured wrist lay flat on her lap. Kol decided to take the chance and he wrap his arm around her waist, tightening his grip. Elvira put her face in the crook of his neck. "Can you heal me?" She asked. Kol nodded. Elvira opened her mouth and placed it around the wound that was quickly healing on Kol's wrist. She took in the blood. Savoring the taste. Her wound quickly healed itself. Kol was going to keep her under a very stricter watch for the next twenty four hours because he was afraid she would kill herself and wake up a vampire, or worse, she'd be too late and be dead. "Let's get you to bed?" He helped her off the floor. Drops of dry blood lingered in the white floor leaving a trail. Elvira went to go downstairs, but Kol softly grabbed her. "You stay with me." He smiled. She nodded following him to his room. She got comfortable while she waited for Kol. She lay back and closed her eyes, then jumping when an arm went around her waist, Kol. "You need to stop doing that!" She whisper yelled, with a bright smile on her face. Elvira looked up into his eyes. She knew a long time ago that she was in love with him, yet refused to say anything. Kol's eyes glanced to her lips. He slowly leaned in. She could feel his breath in her face. Taking in his scent, she closed the gap that was lingering between them and smashed her lips into his. He started to kiss back, which was what surprised her the most. She quickly pulled back embarrassed by what happened. "I'm so sorry...I just thought..." He pressed his lips back to Elvira's, notifying her that he was okay with the move she made. He pulled away, "you shouldn't be sorry for such a smart thing. I'm glad you did it." Elvira blushed. She snuggled up into his chest and went to sleep, hoping to rid herself of her bad memories.

For the first time in a long time Elvira woke up happy. Maybe it was the fact that Kol was sleeping peacefully beside her, or the fact that it was a beautiful day. She rolled over to face Kol. His bare back peeking out from the sheets. "Good morning." She whispered poking his arm. No response. "Kol!" She yelled into his ear. He quickly got up, looking for danger. He glanced over at Elvira and seen the smirk on her face. "I'm so getting payback!" He said charging at her. He pinned her down on the bed by her wrist with one hand, the other tickling up and down her side. He placed sweet, fast, butterfly kisses up and down her neck. Elvira cried out with laughter, trying to stop Kol from tickling her. "Please! Please. I'll...I'll do anything!" She laughed. "Kiss me." Kol said in a whisper. Elvira didn't have to hear him say that again. She connected her lips to his. His lips were soft and gentle. The way his tongue ran across her lip asking for entrance into her mouth made her melt. But she denied his tongue. This made Kol more challenged. He kissed her more forcefully, letting go of her wrist and running his hands up and down her sides. He moved his mouth to her neck, softly kissing once, Elvira pushed him away. He looked at her with confusion, but soon realized why she acted like that. She was still nervous about her father and how Kol attacked her, twice. "I'm sorry, I forgot." he said, caressing her face. Elvira nodded and smiled. "I know, it's just gonna take a while." Kol understood her reasons and he would follow them. "Let's get breakfast at the grill." Kol said, pulling Elvira to her feet with him as he stood.

"So what is this?" Elvira asked taking a bite of her food. "What's what?" Kol asked drinking his coffee. She pointed to her and Kol. "Oh, well what do you want it to be?" he asked. "I'm not sure, yet. I guess I want to be together." She smiled. "It's settled then, we're together."