Chapter 12: Saved

Third (3rd) Person POV

With that she left. She was going to end her life. Without even saying goodbye. She didn't have anyone to say goodbye to. Well, she had Kol. He... She couldn't explain it. Kol had such an impact on her. Kol wouldn't care if she died. He's a thousand years old. She would die and he would move on. Elvira was careful to not let anyone catch her. She went to the Wickery Bridge. "Just one jump and it's all be over." She mumbled to herself. She tied a weight to her ankle so she wouldn't float up. It was the middle of the night and the chances of a car going by was highly unlikely. "I'm so sorry." She whispered and took a leap off the bridge. She was waiting for water to surround her body, but instead she felt the soft grass and leaves around her body. "Huh...heaven." She said, opening her eyes. "What the hell were you thinking!" Kol yelled. This was defiantly not heaven. Elvira closed her eyes hoping this would be a dream, but she wasn't that fortunate. "Elvira!" Kol yelled as he took the weight off her ankle. "What? What do you want? For me to say I didn't really wanna die! For me to forget that my mother was just killed right in front of my eyes and I'm perfectly fine. Be...because...because I'm not." She trailed off crying. "So you try and kill yourself?" Kol asked. "It was the only way." Elvira said. "I've been around for a thousand years. You can't give up so easily." He said trying to comfort her. She was broken without her mother. "Let's go home." Kol said. "No. Just leave me here." She said. When Elvira didn't agree to leave . Kol picked her up and heaved her over his shoulder. Elvira knew she wasn't going to win this battle so she let him carry her. Elvira was in no mood to talk or discuss anything. Her mother died no less than 12 hours ago, and here she was trying to kill herself. Would her mother really want that for her? Elvira didn't think so. Her eyes soon began to feel heavy and she let them shut, hoping this would all be a dream.

"She's been out for hours." A voice said. Elvira was waking up, but couldn't focus on anything. "Kol," she said in a whisper. She soon felt arms around her pulling her up. "Right here darling." He said. Elvira's vision was blurry and her head hurt. Memories of her attempt suicide played in her head. "You alright?" He asked sitting next to her. "Yeah, my head just hurts." Elvira placed a hand on her head just at the thought. "Are we going to do something for my mother?" She asked. "We are later today. You should rest more." Kol said pushing her back down on to the couch. "I see she's awake." Elijah said bringing a plate of eggs and bacon and placing them in front of her. "Yeah." She said. "Thank you all so much." Elvira sat up and hugged Kol. She cared for him and was thankful that he was around. "Any news on Garrett Riley?" Kol asked. "None that we don't already know. Rebekah is speaking with Liz Forbes today." Elijah said. "Who's that?" Elvira asked taking a bite of bacon. "The sherif of Mystic Falls. She knows about vampires and will do everything she can to help us." Kol answers. Elvira nodded. "Not to make this anymore stressful than it has to be, but school starts back up in a month. We should enroll you, that's if your mother didn't already." Elijah said. "She didn't." Elvira didn't like speaking of her mother. It made her heart break into a million pieces. "Rebekah can do that tomorrow. Today she needs to rest." Kol said. "I really wish you would stop speaking about me as if I wasn't here." She spoke. "I'm sorry." Kol said putting a hand on her shoulder, but she shrugged it off." Elvira lay back down on the couch, trying to get some rest. "If you need anything, just yell for us." Elijah said. "Okay," she said.

Elvira tried to rest, but it was merely impossible with her mothers funeral in a few hours. Her eyes ached for sleep and her mind longed for peace. "It's time." Elijah said. Elvira pulled herself up and went with Elijah upstairs. He positioned himself to catch her if she fell. "Here are your clothes. Take your time." He pointed to the clothes on the stand in the bathroom. After her shower she slowly got dressed. The knee length black dress hugged her tightly. The heels were uncomfortable, but they would do. Elvira exited the bathroom. Kol stood outside the door waiting for her. "You okay?" He asked. "My mother just died, what do you think?" She asked bitterly. "Let's go." Elijah said glaring at Kol. Elijah and Kol were wearing suits. "Where's Klaus?" Elvira asked. "He went to get Rebekah. They'll meet us there." Elijah said as he opened the car door or her. "Let's get this over with." She said. Kol chose to sit in the back with her. She didn't look at him, but could feel him staring her down. They reached the cemetery. The trees cast a shadow over the area. Elvira didn't know what to do. She never went to a funeral before. Was she aloud to cry? Could she speak to the grave? "Elvira love." She heard. She noticed she was still in the car while they were waiting on her. She looked up to Kol and got out. Klaus and Rebekah were already by the burial. She seen Damon Salvatore and nodded at him. She watched as Kol placed a flower on her mothers grave. 'Lisa Elizabeth Riley. Beloved Mother. May she Rest In Piece.' Elvira sat in the grass beside the grave. "I'm so sorry this happened. It's all my fault. Maybe Kol should've killed me the day he met me back home. It'd be so much easier." She mumbled. "You were the best mom ever and it don't think I can go on without you. Who's going to guide me through life? I'm alone and it's all my fault." She let a few tears fall. "I'll see you soon." She said. Not another word was spoken. Elvira sat on the ground for hours. It was nearing dusk and Elvira couldn't bring herself to leave. "Darling we have to go." Kol said. She refused to move. "Elvira," Kol pleaded. She got up quickly and ran to the car, leaning against it for support. All she wanted was to die. Why couldn't they except that? This was her life. It's her choice how she wants and when she wants to die. Her breathing was rapid and she was shaking. "Elvira have a seat." Klaus said pushing her into the car. "She's lucid." Damon said. Elvira could hear every word they said. "She's damaged." Klaus said. She was, to be honest, but how do you fix what can't be fixed? "Can we leave now!" She screamed in her hands. She was sick of hearing them speak about her. She knew what was wrong with her. They didn't need to explain it. "Maybe Elena could help her." Damon suggested. "I want to leave!" She yelled, her face still in her hands. Elijah sighed, "we will speak tomorrow." Kol took a seat in the front of the car. Elvira put her seat belt on hoping it would choke her on the way to Kol's. "Are you hungry?" Elijah asked. Elvira shook her head no. She had no appetite.

When they got to Kol's, Elvira changed into her pajamas. She then took a seat on the couch and lay down. "You can have a bedroom you-..." She cut Elijah off and spoke quietly and calm, "I'm fine here." Elijah accepted her wish and left her to be alone. The fire was staring right back into her eyes. It was warm and she was so cold; numb. If she could, she would jump in the fire and burn to death. She's going to hell anyways because she's the reason her mother died. "My mother died too. Niklaus killed her." Elvira looked up and seen Kol. He approached her and sat in front of her on the couch, placing his arm over her. "How did you live and not want to kill him?" She asked. "We didn't know he killed her until a year ago, but we all got angry even Elijah. I just moved on. I may not have her here. But she's here." He said pointing to his heart. "What kept you going?" She asked. "I thought that I would find something to live for." He said. "Did you?" She inhaled deeply and closed her eyes then opened them. He laughed a bit, "yes, I did." She was curious now. "What was it?" She shouldn't dig into people's personal life, but she needed to know so she could get through this depression and suicidal phase. "You. You... Gave me hope... It's just... I care about you... A lot." Kol stumbled over his words. Elvira's heart quickened. She sat up and hugged him tightly. "Please don't ever leave me. I'd die without you." She said. It was true. If Kol hadn't saved her the night she jumped off the bridge, she'd be dead. "I couldn't even if I want too." He said. Elvira pulled back and Kol placed a kiss on her cheek. "Get some rest. I'll see you in the morning. If you need anything you know where I am." He told her. Kol got up to go to his room. "Wait! Can I sleep with you tonight? I don't want to be alone as much as I thought I did." She was nervous about asking the question because she felt something for him. "Yeah. Let's go." He said. His hand rested on her back as they walked up the stairs. She lay on the bed and Kol lay beside her. "Goodnight darling." He said. "Goodnight Kol. Thank you for everything." She said and placed a kiss on his temple. Her mother was her best friend and even without her she knew she would be just fine, because she had Kol to help her get through it.