Chapter 17: Denial

A very angry Garrett Riley stood in the door way. Elvira's father wasn't the one they were suspecting. "Get behind me," Kol said as he stood up. "Who's this?" Garrett asked.

His face was perfectly shaven and his black leather jacket was long, almost like a trench coat. "That's none of your business now is it mate?" Kol questioned him. "Heh!" Garrett chuckled, "you know I found something the other day," he smiled and pulled out a stake. "What's that?" Elvira asked from behind Kol. "It's a white oak stake, the only thing that can kill an original vampire." Garrett dodge at Kol which sent Elvira flying backwards.

Her head hit the wall. She stood back up thinking of what she could do. Meanwhile Kol was punching Garrett, each time his fist met with his face he smiled internally. Garrett kicked kol off him and he smashed into a chair that broke into three parts that pierced his skin.

One in his collarbone, one in his leg, the other in his forearm. Kol was injured and Elvira was now defenseless. Kol was struggling to remove the pieces of wood that were lodged in him. Garrett chuckled and took a few steps toward Elvira. "You remind me of your mother, ya know?" He said taking a piece of her hair between his fingers and twisting it. "Please you don't have to do this," Elvira begged. She didn't cry, she stood her ground and wasn't letting him get in her way anymore. "Just leave me alone." She said quietly. "Don't think so," he growled.

His hands gripped her neck in a choke like way and turned her neck, snapping it. She fell to the ground; dead.

"No!" Kol growled. His voice raspy and deep. He used all his strength to remove the wood from him and he charged at Garrett. He pinned him to the ground and dug his fingers into his chest. Kol ripped Garrett's heart out. "It's over." He said as Garrett's body began to become cold and grey.

Kol looked over at Elvira, her small face on the cold floor. "Kol!" He heard from downstairs. He didn't move. He picked Elvira up and held her close. He loved her and he never even told her. He only told her that he cared. "Kol what's..." It was Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah. "Dear god. That sweet girl," Elijah said. Rebekah bent down next to her and went to pick her up. "Don't touch her!" He screamed.

Tears ran down his face like a busted fire hydrant. "I'm sorry." Rebekah's eyes were glossed over with tears that were threatening to spill any moment. "She's dead," Klaus sighed. "I know she's dead," Kol cried. He looked at her shirt and saw the blood, her blood. "Wait," Kol whispered. They just shared blood before Garrett came. She was okay, right? "I gave her my blood before she died. She's okay." Kol said ecstatically. "Brother we need to move her, and you don't know for sure if the blood was still in her system." Klaus said moving to grab her.

"She'll be okay, just leave her be. You can take care of him." He said pointing to Garrett's dead body. "Let's get her on the bed." Rebekah sighed. The three siblings weren't sure if what Kol said was true.

Yes they did blood share, but you can't always rely on that. Elijah and Klaus took care of Garrett's body. "One day, we went for a hike. I told her I would turn her if she really wanted it. She told me no. Then I realized I never wanted her to turn and be the monsters we are. She doesn't know about shutting our emotions off and that's what I'm scared of. That she'll do it. That's why I told Niklaus I couldn't turn her." Rebekah smiled at Kol's story. "She'll be okay. I'll give you two some privacy."

Rebekah left the room while Kol held Elvira's hand. "Please. You have to wake up! You have to wake up. I need you. I love you and I'm sorry this happened to you, but I need you. Please wake up Elvira." Kol cried onto her stomach. He sat next to her for hours and hours. Not a breath was taken, not a movement or sound. She was still. "Anything?" Rebekah asked from the doorway.

"No, but she'll wake up. I know it." Kol smiled. Rebekah gave a faint smile. If she was going to wake up she would've done it hours ago and Kol knew that, he just couldn't accept the fact that she might actually be gone. "You should go make some spaghetti. She loves spaghetti." Kol told Rebekah. "Okay," she whimpered.