Chapter 2: Hospital

I awoke to chatting and bright lights. I felt drained. Like all the energy I had was gone.

"Ms. Riley, glad to see you're awake." I carefully sat up and looked around. I was in a hospital.

"What's going on?" I asked confused.

"You're in the hospital. You were attacked by an animal this morning." He said. A woman came over and checked my vitals. The light hurt my eyes.

"An animal? What kind of animal?" I asked.

"A bear perhaps. The police are looking into that for you." He said. The doctor left and I was puzzled at what he told me. An animal attack. Really? I don't remember being attacked by a bear. Nor do I remember anything.

It was mid-day and I was being released. My wounds weren't fatal, I just lost a lot of blood. I was attacked at the neck and I had a bandage over the wound. The police officer drove me home since I was unable to drive at the moment. I thanked him and went inside to call my mom. She's probably worried. The phone was ringing.

"Elvira!" Her voice was filled with relief.

"Hey, Mom. I'm just calling to tell you I'm home and I'm okay."

"The doctor called me early this morning. I'm glad you're home. Get some rest and I'll see you soon. I love you, Elvira Mae." She said softly.

"Love you too." Then the phone clicked and the call was over.

I made my way up the steps and to my bedroom. I was tired, exhausted, and confused. If it was a bear that attacked me, then why is the damage so little? I threw myself onto the bed and sighed. I picked up my phone and called for pizza and wings. I have no energy to cook after what had happened today. About a half hour later my food was here. I walked down the steps and to the front door.

"Pizza and wings for an Elvira Riley?" The guy asked as I opened the door.

"That's me." I smiled. "Come on in, and I'll pay you. You can sit that stuff down on the table." I walked over to my wallet and got out twenty-five dollars.

"Keep the change," I said as I handed him the money. "Thanks for dinner." I joked.

"Same to you." He said. His eyes turned a blood red and he pushed me against the wall. Somehow this felt awful familiar. I felt someone pull him off of me and I fell to the ground. Going unconscious.

I sat up fast in bed. It was dark. The clock read two in the morning. I was breathing heavily. What just happened? I don't remember anything but ordering food. Did I fall asleep? I got out of bed and walked downstairs. My food was sitting on the table, paid for already. Did I pay for that? I walked over and there was a note.

You're welcome & Have a nice day :-) K.M.

K.M. Who's K.M.?

~

The past two days have been a blur. I stayed in bed all day yesterday and rested. I called my friend Maddie who lives down the road and asked her if she could go to the grocery store for me. She agreed and I made a list of food along with some other things. Lady products if you must know. I haven't done much today. Since school let out a few days ago, I've been lying around. I sat down on the couch and looked at the note that was left here the other night with my food. Who is K.M.? I thought over and over again who it could be. Karen Marks? Kimberly Mason? I had no idea and it was driving me insane. I looked out the window and it seemed like a good day for a walk. I went upstairs and changed into some spandex leggings and a yellow tank top. I put on my tennis shoes and l took a look in the mirror. I saw the bandage on my neck and took it off. I went into the bathroom and cleaned it, then put a big band-aid on it. I grabbed my phone and then walked out the front door. I started walking down the street, taking in the fresh air. The sun was hidden behind some clouds, and would occasionally come out then leave again. A tall-haired guy ran passed me. It was quiet for a bit until I heard a voice.

"Beautiful day out."

I turned around to face the voice and I saw a man. Tall, with brown hair, and brown eyes, and he had an accent. He stood staring at me and smiling.

"Yes, it is," I responded and walked away. He followed behind.

"Are you enjoying this weather?" He asked. I was nervous yet also comfortable.

"I guess you could say that," I replied, avoiding all eye contact with him.

"Hmm... I'm Kol, Kol Mikaelson." He said. My heart stopped. K.M. he was K.M. he had to be unless his name was spelled with a C and not a K.

"Elvira Mae Riley. How do you spell your name?" I asked.

"K, O, L." He said. I felt my heart drop.

"Are you okay, Darling?" He asked.

"I'm great." I lied.

He gave me a look and then touched my shoulders.

"What are you-"

"You will remember nothing. You went on a walk and you never saw me. You have no idea who I am. Carry on now." He said. I closed my eyes and then reopened them. I started looking around.

Why am I just standing here? I was really out of it lately, and it was starting to scare me. It's like part of my life is being taken away and I can't remember it.

When I got home I got a shower. I let the hot water fall down my face and into the bathtub. It was relaxing for me. I couldn't wait for Mom to be home so maybe some of this weird stuff would stop happening. I hopped out of the shower and got dressed then went downstairs. I opened the fridge and got a yogurt. I took a seat on the couch and flipped through the channels. Nothing good was on so I just shut it off. That note was still sitting on the coffee table. I looked at the initials again. K.M. I knew who it was, I could feel it. But it feels like a memory and also a dream. I will find you K.M. Just trust me.

~

My mother hugged me as she came through the door. Throwing her stuff to the side.

"How was the week without me?" She smiled as she engulfed me in a hug.

"Weird. I don't remember anything." I admitted and laughed.

"Elvira!" She squealed. "You're not doing drugs, are you?"

"No just very forgetful, and I haven't had a good week anyways." I sighed, walking into the living room. Mom was finally home and I felt much safer with her around.

"Well, hopefully, this makes you feel better." She smiled handing me a small box wrapped in a deep lavender paper with a small silver ribbon around it. I opened it to see a bracelet. It was silver with little lavender stones through it.

"Thank you so much, mom! It's so pretty!" I said hugging her.

"It has a story ya know." She said. I looked at her confused.

"A story? What kind of story?" I asked.

"Well, the woman said it was used in the 1860s, in a small town in Virginia called Mystic Falls. It's laced with vervain in the stones and humans would wear it to protect themselves from the vampires." She said crossing her legs as she sat down.

"Right Mom, 'cause vampires are real," I said getting up to go to my room.

"Don't believe me? Fine, I'm just telling you what the woman told me." She yelled as I kept walking.

*******
Don't forget to comment and vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥