Chapter 7: Starting Over

I looked around and everything was in place. Like, none of this ever happened. "Good morning." I jumped and looked to my right to see Kol sitting on the ledge of the window. "What do you want now?" I asked; my words like poison. "Listen I'm sorry about last night, but can we please just start over? I won't take your memories away, I just want to start over and I swear my life on it that I will never hurt you ever again." Kol made his apology towards me very sympathetic. "It's not that easy."I said, touching my neck where his fangs were present not only a few hours ago. "It can be. All you have to do is commit yourself to it." He said sitting on the edge of my bed. "Fine, but don't make me regret this."

******************************
"So what exactly are we doing again?" I asked as I climbed into the car. Kol and I were going to hang out today. "We're going on a hike. Should be fun." He answered. I nodded and put my seat belt on, looking down at my tennis shoes. "You okay? You seem a bit nervous." Kol pointed out. The truth is, I was nervous. Kol made me nervous, but it was a good nervous. I knew that he would never hurt me, so I'm safe with him and I always will be as long as he doesn't go vampire crazy on me and rip my throat out.

"So are you ready?" he asked as we parked the car alongside the road. "Yup." I said, getting out and shutting the door. I went to the trunk to retrieve the bag we brought that had water and other needed necessity's, but the bag was soon ripped out of my hand. "I got it love. Don't want you to kill over before we make it through." I laughed at Kol's sarcasm. He was very funny and I liked that in a person. I'm glad I have Kol around while my mother is gone.

We slowly made our way through the woods, talking about random things. "So your own brother put a dagger in you and stuffed you in a coffin?" I asked. "Yes, but that's Niklaus for you. Always hateful. I just hope you won't ever have to meet him again, because if he tries to hurt you just tell me. Got it?" He asked. I nodded and continued walking. Kol was very protective of me, even though we've only known each other for a month, if not less. "Where is your father? If you don't mind me asking?" It was a random question but it brought back painful memories. "He's gone." I stated. "Gone? What do you mean by gone?" he asked. I didn't feel like answering so I walked past him, but he caught me in his strong grip; pulling me closer to him. "Tell me." He said. Kol never compelled me; he promised to be fully honest and he was. "He left us, me and my mom that is, he used to hit her. But my mom got rid of him before he could lay a hand on me." I said then pulled away from him, not wanting Kol to pity me. Then, I felt a pair of warm arms around me. I was in Kol's arms and he was hugging me. I accepted his kind gesture and let it soak in. Kol was usually nice to me but over the past week, we've had our share of fights.

*Flashback*
"You have got to be kidding me?" I yelled. I wanted to go out tonight but Kol had simply refused to let me go anywhere. "I said you're not leaving this house. It's too dangerous." He yelled back. Kol and I have been getting along just fine but hes gotten too protective over me. He treats me like a child. "You don't control me!" He scoffed. "Really? Well I can make you do whatever I want you to even if you don't like." He said getting close to me, and pressing me up against the wall. "You wouldn't dare." I said, referring to compulsion. We soon stopped fighting, but Kol watched me like a hawk and I wasn't even aloud to leave my bedroom. Let's just say, this wouldn't be one of my favorite nights with him.

This is where we stand now. We are not together, but I'm his or at least that's how he puts it. I'm starting to feel different about Kol. I think I'm falling for him and I can't stop.

***
Comment & Vote ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥