Chapter 3: Wake up!

Valentina slowly placed her hand on the handle. She opened the door and!- BANG! The man fell on the ground, she didn't even attack. The person responsible for this, was standing safely behind him.

"Liam! You came back!"

"Yeah, come on. Let's go inside."
.
.
.
.
"Mom...of course you would be sleeping through all of this! Argh! I'm so sick and tired of you!"

"Excuse you! What did I ever do wrong?" Jenny said as she was talking to Emma and smiling like her, as a baby would.

Liam sighed. Valentina got the bag from Liam and got the baby bottle out of the bag. She went to the kitchen to warm up some milk. Liam went to the kitchen and dialed a number on the phone.

"What are you doing?" Valentina asked at his strange behievour.

"I'm calling someone, who might be able to get us out of here by morning." The call was cancelled. "Shit! There's no signal here either!"

"That's because the meteorite that crashed down wasn't a meteorite at all. It was the satellite from space..." Valentina opened the curtain of the kitchen window revealing a heavy metal object with smoke releasing out of it. "The terrorists must have done something to explode it, which caused it to crash down to earth."

"What?... So, we're stuck here..."

"We'll think of something tomorrow... Don't worry..." Valentina said as she gently stroked his cheek. She picked up Emma and went upstairs to place her asleep.
.
.
.
.

"She asleep?..." Liam stood by the doorway of the spare room, that they'll be sleeping in.

"Yeah..." Valentina stretched her arms out, as she yawned. "I'm so tired!"

Liam sat next to Emma, who was sound asleep on the bed. He smiled as she looked at her cute, chubby face, all relaxed and peaceful.

"Um... You go to sleep, I'll stay awake for the night..."

"What? You don't need to! I went to sleep for a while today so I'll stay up." Valentina suggested.

"No. Rest. First thing tomorrow morning, we have to get out of here. You'll be carrying Emma the whole way, so you need your strength. Do you understand?..." She just simply stared down, looking at her hands. Then, Liam held her hand and she looked up at his dark hazel eyes.

"I'll make sure we'll stay alive, until we find peace again..." Liam said as they stared deeply into each others eyes. Valentina sensed a strong feeling of protection from him, she felt safe as he held her hand tighter. She looked down and began to weep quietly.

"Hey... what's wrong?"

"I'm scared... I want us to be together... I don't want our lives to be ended li-"

"Don't say that! We'll be together! No matter what! Don't you dare think like that! And don't you dare be scared. You're a mother... And as parents we mustn't fear the world infront of our child... Because if we did... She won't be dazzled by it's beauty... We can't make her fear the world because of this...!..... Do you understand?"

Valentina raised her head and smiled. "Yes..."

Liam placed his hands in the sides of her face and says, "Now, sleep... Forget about everything and fall asleep..."

Soon, Valentina fell asleep almost instantly.

There's something I still have to do... Liam went over to the bag that he bought, he rummaged through everything and at the bottom of all those clothes, there was a canvas. He brought it with them... Odd?...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Valentina slowly opened her eyes, due to the bright rays of the sun. She got up, and Liam was sleeping beside her. She looked at Emma, who was already awake. But she sat there quietly, playing and talking to herself. Valentina smiled and picked her up, giving her a kiss on the cheek and a soft cuddle.

"Aw!~ Good morning, Emma! Did you sleep well?..." She went downstairs and saw Jenny making breakfast for herself.

"What are you cooking?" Valentina asked, however Jenny jumped in surprise. "Uh...How...what are you doing here?..."

"Did you forget?"

"Forget what?"

"We came here last night..."

"Huh?! You mean, Liam's here too?" Jenny said in shock.

"Of course he is... Don't you remember?"

"Well, I'm ok with you guys being here- That's fine!" Valentina looked outside the window and was shocked by what she saw. "But...I don't know how you just came in here?..."

Liam jumped down the stairs and yelled, "Is everyone ok?! You all in one piece?! Good! Sorry, I fell asleep!" He looked at his mother, who couldn't grasp what he just said.

"What's wrong? Why do you looked so freaked out, mom?"

"Well... Because of you..."

"Yeah, I know I just jumped down the stairs, but you should be used to it right now!"

"Liam..." Valentina called out his name as she stared out of the window, her back faced toward him.

"What?... what's going on?" He walked towards her and looked outside. "What happened?..."

Please don't tell me, you don't remember too... Valentina thought.

"Wait!" Liam ran to the door and opened it. "What?!" Everything seemed normal. "But... last night..."

Valentina handed Emma to Jenny to carry. "It doesn't make sense! We saw the destruction ourselves!" She quickly ran outside.

"Val! Wait! Where are you going?!" Liam shouted as he ran after her.

She ran and ran, until she reached the site of the accident. However... There was no damage. Everything was in its place, people were walking to school/work and glanced at these two as they passed by.

"Val!" Liam finally caught up with her.

"This doesn't make sense! You saw everything that happened last night, right?!"

"I did..." he panted.

"Then! How is this possible?!-" Liam placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Val!.... Let's just go home... I'm already exhausted..."