Chapter 10: Trust

Valentina woke up but was shivering in the cold, she was so confused about what happened the previous night. She remained motionless, curling herself up against the balcony door.

Liam awoke. He looked around and found himself back at home.

That was a weird dream...

But it felt...so real...

He stood up on his feet and looked at Valentina. He felt no sympathy, he ignored her silent presence and walked to the bedroom, Emma was crying.

He picked her up, and seated her on the sofa. By looking at his face, Emma became calm. Emma, innocently, directed her face infront of her mother, who was quietly sobbing. Emma wore a empathetic face.

Liam leaned over from behind the sofa, he looked at Emma's sad, cute expression.

"Don't worry, Emma... Everything is fine... mommy just needs to be punished right now... She did something really bad. Don't follow in her footsteps, Emma. Or else daddy might do the same to you... And daddy doesn't want to do that to you... so you have to be a good girl..."

Emma with her sad expression, listened to her fathers words, as if she understood the meaning. Liam lifts his head up, and saw blood smudged on the glass door. He didn't notice it before, so he dashed himself to the balcony, opened the door and lifted Valentina's arm.

She wasn't responding. Her head swayed down, as blood poured down from her face to the floor.

"What the shit?..."

Liam placed her on the opposite sofa, and looked, carefully at her wound. It looked awfully familiar. It was the same cut that she woke up to, in the previous night. Liam also, recognised this wound from the night, Valentina killed Emma and hurt herself. However...

"No...all I remember was that I...killed...Emma..."

"...But you came in! And pushed me to the balcony!
You locked the door and left me there! You were about to kill yourself!! I was so confused... Why did you do that?.."

Wait...that's what happened last night... How did she know about this...The night before? Liam thought to himself, as he cleaned Valentina's wounds. He bandaged her up, and left her there on the coach.

He fed Emma and himself, left her on the floor to play. While he sat on the dining table, in deep thought. He thought about what he saw last night, and that the rage just haunted him.

Liam stood up and walked over to the balcony, expecting to see a dead body laying there. Unfortunately there was none. 

How come Valentina didn't come back to normal?... That wound disappeared by morning... However... it hasn't healed up by now...

Liam went by Valentina's sleeping body. He shook her.

"Hey... Wake up...!" No response. He began stroking her body, from her legs up to her face.

"Valentina! Wake up! Damn IT!" He shouted in despair. He was not upset nor did he wear a sad expression... However... The thought of losing his wife made him shudder...

Liam gently rested his hand on her injured eye and leaned his head on her forehead.

"What did we do wrong?... Valentina did nothing sinful... then why are we both being punished for this?..."