Chapter 11: Hatred and love

Night 5

Valentina and Liam fell on top of each other as they landed on the bed, Liam over Valentina. He kissed her, it was long and passionate. Valentina placed her hands on the back of his head, and pushed him down harder.

Liam removed his tongue from her mouth, they looked into each other's eyes as they desired to do more than that. However, the moment could never occur, because Emma began to cry.

"Again...?" Liam said.

"I just hope nothing bad happened to her." Valentina got up and picked Emma up from the cot, next to their bed.

"Nah.. She's fine..."

"Oh....!~ My poor darling~ It's ok Emma... Mommy's here... I won't ever let you go..."

"Come on... put her on the bed and let's go to sleep..." Liam crawled to his side of the bed, and Valentina placed quiet Emma on the bed next to her.

She began to sing a lullaby to make Emma fall asleep, along with her and Liam. Valentina rested her eyes for a bit when she suddenly heard a voice, humming the same song.

"Huh?..." Valentina slowly opened her eyes, then looked over her shoulder. She gasped as she saw a little girl, smiling at her and standing by the door.

"Hello Mommy...." The little girl whispered.

"What?... Emma?..." The little girl had distinct features, just like Emma. She had blonde hair, it was lengthen around her shoulders. Her bright blue eyes glowed in the darkness.

"Emma!" She turned around to see her bed empty.

"Liam?! Where are you?!" In panic she yells, but before she could even breathe, she felt a tight grip on her throat.

"WHY DID YOU ABONDON ME?!! WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME TO DIE?!!" The girl screamed as she pressed harder on Valentina's throat.
Everything around them faded to darkness...They were sinking into an abyss. Valentina was struggling to breathe.

"...St....op!.." Valentina cried for the pain to end...

However, not a single word could reach out to her future daughter.

"The angel of death is here.... And your soul... he won't spare!"
.
.
.
.
.

Everything turned black...
.
.
.
.
Valentina stood in a dark room...

Suddenly, light emitted the center of the room, which revealed three caskets...

In the state of shock and confusion, tears dropped from her eyes. Valentina stared blankly at the caskets... She couldn't move...

"What?... what...is this?..." She quietly whimpered.

"This... is your future..."

Valentina suddenly turned around to the voice, and saw a young man, around his 20s... he had black hair, and wore a black funeral attire.
His voice was husky and deep, his eyes looked sharp as he glared at her.

"Who are you?! Where's my family?! Are you the one who's doing this to us?!-"

"Valentina!!" The man yelled and Valentina came to a halt.

"Tell me... Do you value death?..." He whispered.

"What?..."

"Or do you value life?..."

"What are you talking about?! I just want to go home!-" The man quickly held her in his arms, grabbed her tight, and pushed her closer.

"Listen... Do you think death has any value?..."