Chapter 7: Pay the price

The thing stared at her...as she stared back...

"...Mom..."
.
.
.
Valentina slowly lifted a smile...

"...I didn't think you would come so soon...!"
.
.
.
.
.
Andrew and Liam were in a bar diner. They were talking a whole lot, since it's been so long. They finished eating dinner and started drinking. However, while drinking Liam was deep in thought. I have a feeling that something bad might happen...

"Hey! Are you even listening?!"

"Huh?... yeah..." Liam said, trying to convince him, with his facial expression, that he was clearly listening.

"What's wrong?... There's definitely something up." 

"No.. It's nothing...I just... I gotta go!" Liam began to get up from his chair.

"Huh! Why?"

"It's getting late! And I can't leave Val alone." Liam said calmly even though he was hurrying to get out of there.

"Oh right... Sure! I'll see you tomorrow then!"

"Yeah, bye!" He grabbed his jacket and stormed out of the door.

Andrew sipped his beer till the glass was empty. He hit it on the counter infront of him and ordered the bar tender for another drink. He smiled as he drank and then he said in a quiet, sinister voice... "That's an interesting idea..."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Liam ran up the stairs of the apartment building and stormed through the door of their apartment.

"Val! Is everything okay?!" He waited for a response but there was none. He felt abit at ease. So he hanged his jacket and took a few steps towards their room but froze when he saw Valentina walking very slowly out of the room.

Her blonde hair covered her whole face, it looked messy and untidy. She held her hands out infront of her, carrying blood...

"Valentina..." He noticed her clothes, arms and legs were covered in blood. "Where's....Emma...?" Liam said in a very frightened voice.

Valentina didn't respond but she tilted her head revealing her bloody face, and smiled...

"What the fuck?! What are you doing?!" He yelled from the other side of the room.

"Emma... Our sweet Emma... Is dead...!"

Valentina laughed manically, and dashed into the kitchen. Liam just froze still.

She came out slowly... Holding a knife in her hand... Smiling... She held it to her face and sticked her tongue out... Then she slowly, slit her face, she began with the side of her forehead down across her eye and her cheek.

"STOP!!" Liam began to panic, he ran up to her and tried to snatch the knife off her.

However, Valentina screeched as she cut Liam's cheek. Liam fell down with a loud yell. After realising what she had done, she dropped the knife and gasped, covering her mouth with her hands.

"No!... I'm..so...sorry!" She began to cry, like a baby, however, it seemed that crying through a wrecked eye didn't seem to displease her. She felt completely normal, she was only crying for the sake of her husband's pain.

Liam looked up at her while holding on his wound. He stood up slowly, and glared at her with hatred eyes. Valentina jumped in shock and ran to the sofa and hid behind it.

"What are you doing?... Why are you doing this?! Explain what the F*CK is going on!!"

Valentina stayed silent, her sobs ended.

"F*ck!" Liam wiped his face with his sleeve. He looked at the bedroom door, however, he wouldn't dare to enter there and witness the sight of his dead daughter.

Valentina poked her head out of the sofa, and peeked. When their eyes met, Valentina quickly hid her head and stayed silent. There was a long silence for a while. Liam took one step closer and that's when she started to completely lose It!

She began laughing like a maniac, after hearing the sound of his presence. Liam's eyes widened. Suddenly, Valentina popped out from the coach and jumped on top of Liam. It was so fast that he didn't even see her coming.

She sat on top of his chest and leaned over to get the knife, which was sitting on the floor nearby. She held it in both of her hands, above her head and then stabbed through!....The air...

Liam grabbed the knife just an inch away from his chest. She struggled to pierce the knife through but she wasn't strong enough. Liam threw away the knife from her hand, which seemed effortlessly.... He threw her, by hitting his arm against her neck and thus throwing her to the side.

She choked for a moment, but then suddenly Liam dominated her and began strangling her. He didn't utter a word, there was only hatred in his heart, eyes and soul.

She began to cry as foam released out of her mouth. "St--op..-Stop!--St-!"

Liam pushed on her neck harder than before, Valentina's face turned pale. Liam, after looking into her pleading, desperate eyes,..stopped.
He released her and she began to cough so hard. She rested her head on the floor.

"I'm sorry..." Her voice was damaged, and so she could only whisper the dry words out from her mouth.

"Why did you kill Her?..."

"The devil...told me to..." Valentina said slowly as she quivered. "The devil said...it was the only way... For me to...atone my sin..."

"What are you talking about?..." Liam said, still on top of her.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, Liam! You'll never forgive me!" Valentina cried in a louder tone than before.

"I deserve to die! I can't stand it ANYMORE!"

"Shut up! What the hell is this about?! What happened?! TELL ME!!" Liam's shout caused Valentina to freeze. Her tears froze in one place then when she spoke they fell.

"Wait...you...Don't know?..."

"What do you mean?..."

"Then...that means... Liam! Liam! LIAM!" Valentina began to shake vigorously. Her body jittered and flinched. Liam stood up in shock. It was like she was electrocuted, or having a heart attack.

"Valentina! What's happening?!!" Liam yelled at her, then she stopped. She laid on the floor unconscious, her body didn't make a move.

Liam noticed that something was wrong. He bend over to her and checked her heart rate. Nothing. She wasn't breathing. Liam continuously called out her name.

"Val! Val! Valentina! Wake UP! Wake the fuck up!!"

However, there was still no beat...her eyes opened and she got up. Liam still held on to her pulse, and looked at her as if she was a ghost.

"Liam... Will you love me no matter what?..." She said nonchalantly.

"Val....How?"

"Be prepared, Liam. Love isn't a fun game to play. Nothing is going to go the way you expect it to, even after these 7 days... You will not be given a happy ending you truly desire... 'Please' is not a magic word! You won't get what you want by just saying one word! Nothing is free in this world! Everything must come for a price!.....Be prepared..."

Valentina patted his head and kissed it, where he instantly fell asleep.

"It's alright... Forget everything and fall asleep..."