Chapter 6: Hope and Despair

Valentina was sleeping on top of Liam's chest. It was a bright and sunny morning. Valentina got up, not due to the light of the sun...but to the sound of her child crying.

Valentina shot up, and ran to Emma's room, were the door was in perfect condition, and Emma was safe in her cot, except... She was crying for a while...

Valentina gasped in shock, as she went over and held her baby. She looked at her small body, to reassure herself that she's real!
"Oh! Emma!" Valentina dropped a few tears of joy. She was so happy, her daughter came back!... Safe and sound...

"Liam! Wake up! Wake up wake up wake up!" Valentina jumped up and down in excitement. "Look! It's Emma!"

"Yeah... Give her the bottle...I want your milk...OW!!" Valentina just kicked him in the face. He looked up and saw Valentina shoving Emma down to his face.

"Oh...hello, Emma...." Liam dozed off back to sleep, then..."EMMA!!" He shot right up.

"Emma! You're here! Wow! This is a miracle!" He grabbed Emma and threw her up in the air and catched her... it was completely safe...
Emma started giggling, and Liam felt so happy, there was a bright, smile stretched upon his face.

"Forget work! I'm staying right here!" He said as he sat on the coach with Emma. Valentina smiled at them both, with passionate, loving eyes.

She turned to the kitchen and began making breakfast. She looked over, from time to time, watching them playing together. She felt like playing with them...but she had some work to do.
.
.
.

At the dinning table, breakfast was laid out for the couple, but Valentina proceed to feed Emma first, which she had fun doing, feeding her with the spoon as if it were an airplane.

"Hey... Val... was last night, just a bad dream...?" Liam asked.

"I...Don't know..."

"The same thing happened yesterday, it was a nightmare... but when we woke up, everything was fine..."

"Yeah... It's strange... But I don't care. I'm just happy that my Emma is here, safe and sound." Valentina fed Emma her last spoon, and put the plate on the table. Emma was sitting on a highchair. Valentina placed her down infront of her toys and began to eat.

"I feel like painting again..." Valentina said.

"Hey..." Liam pointed at her. "You better not leave Emma out of your sight..."

"Of course I won't..."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The day went by swiftly. During the day, Valentina was painting and talking to Emma, who sat in her baby seat on the floor.

Lunch time... Liam ordered some Chinese food.

Nap time...Liam fed Emma, cleaned her diaper and slept with her on the bed.

Valentina received a phone call, interrupting her painting. Then when she was done, she went to the kitchen and began cooking.

Liam got up due to the smell of the mouth watering food, Valentina was preparing. He looked at the canvas that Valentina just painted, it was still wet.

"Wow...You painted this?" Liam asked quietly to himself but Valentina jumped on him from behind, wrapping her arms around his neck.